chapter 2 - van boy

TW: strong language

I walked in the classroom to a full classroom. I was obviously late, on my first day and first class.

"What is your name?" The teacher asked, peering over her desk reading some paper, not looking at me.

"Uh, Lydia Clarke." Just after I said that the guy I saw in the van peered up laughing. The teacher stood up and he stopped.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class, Lydia." I nervously moved to the center of the class room.

"U-um I'm Lydia. Obviously. And...I'm from Beverly Hills." A girl shot up her hand.

"Why did you choose to come here over Beverly Hills?" She asked.
"I-I didn't have a choice." I said. The teacher gave me my seat and as I walked to it I realized it was next to him. The weirdo from the van.

He looked at me as I sat down. "Is there a problem?" I said.

"Beverly hills? I thought more like Hollywood." He flirtatiously said.

"Shut up van boy." He peered over my desk and whispered, "You don't smoke..do you?" He laughed.

I shook my head with an agitated look on my face as I payed attention to the actual class work. After about 20 minutes or so he stopped bothering as the bell rang and he was quick to leave.

As I walked out, I was quickly cornered against a locker, with van boys arm lifted up against the locker, right next to me. He grinned, "I'm Eddie by the way." I tried to walk away. He got closer and said "why don't you come play a game with me and my boys tonight, Hollywood."

"A game?" I wondered if he was talking about the boys I met this morning.
"Only dungeons and dragons..the best!" He laughed.
Just as I was about to talk a handsome guy rushed over and exclaimed, "Eddie..the freak Munson. Stop scaring the newbie will you?" Eddie walked away with a sinister laugh.

"I'm Steve Harrington, and over there is my friend robin. You might know me from the video store or scoops ahoy." He was acting like a real big shot, but he was cute and I wasn't afraid to play along.
"I'm Lydia Clarke. And I'm sorry I've never been to either, but I'll definitely check it out sometime." I smiled.

"Come on dingus, enough impressing girls I got band!" The girl, or Robin, said, causing Steve to walk away, as he winked at me and went on.

I finally walked on to my next class, only to be pulled away by the arm. I looked over to see van boy again. Or Eddie.

"Don't let the prince fool you. Him and his lesbian are always doing hookups." He looked down at me with his cold glare.

"What if I wanted a hookup?" He laughed at me.

"What do you say...we skip class and get high?"

"Just leave me alone." I said.

"Cmon Hollywood, it'll be fun, plus I'll get my dig at the new girl." He chuckled, getting closer.

I pushed him away saying, "don't call me that."

"Okay princess..." he walked away laughing again. I stormed out of school and started walking to the forest, hopefully he wouldn't find me like the stalker he seems to be.