01. armin's question

A/N: Chapters with smut will have content warnings beforehand. All characters are ages 18 and above!

!!

Summary: A heavy question changes the trajectory of your life, and you settle your feelings by striking a deal with a special friend.

!!

It was hot. So, so hot.

With the way the sun's fierce light pierced through your eyes, you couldn't help but stir awake with a groan, wincing and pulling away, and only then did you decide to force your eyes open. You despised it. Waking up was the hardest thing you could do every day, and even worse if it was involuntary.

You sighed and instinctively grabbed your phone, seeing that it was only 12:02 PM. Noontime was always the brightest and hottest. You skimmed over your messages, narrowing your eyes at the most recent one.

Sasha: connie pissed himself

[Attachment: 1 Image]

Never mind. You set the phone down and shut your eyes.

God, you despised how bright it was—how hot it was—and how the sunlight had seeped through the thin of your skin. You squeezed your eyes, hoping to sleep it off again, but the light was still too bright, glowing a vivid orange through your eyelids. It was dreadful, and you could only frown at your interrupted peace.

Not only that, you felt something laying on you—something lying along the curve of your waistline and on the crook of your neck, a mass of heat pressing down onto yours.

And then you felt it.

A breath. A slow, warm breath that bled into the fabric of your shoulders and grazed the skin of your ear.

You quickly sat up, a mixture of shock and confusion contorting your features. As you did so, the arm that was previously slung around your waist and the head resting on your shoulder slid off of you and landed on the mattress with a soft thump.

You weren't alone. Someone was on your bed.

The sound of a soft groan broke the silence and you immediately snapped your head to your left.

Oh, it was just Armin.

A sigh of relief tipped out of your mouth as you watched the boy frown and rise from his sleep, one slim hand coming to tousle the blonde locks on his forehead and the other one rubbing his eyes. His bangs were splayed on his forehead and slick with a light sweat. You watched his serene expression through tired eyes—the way a droplet of sweat trickled down his neck and the way his lashes scattered beneath his closed eyelids.

Unfortunately, your relief was cut short as the heat came back to your senses. So he was the one making it so uncomfortably hot. Alongside the sweltering weather and the warmth that radiated from his body, your nap had been cut short. You sat upright on the bed with distaste on your tongue.

"Armin...?" You called out, his name slipping out of your mouth with confusion. Although, you truly weren't all that confused; it was just Armin, after all. The sleepy boy only replied with a delicate yawn.

"It's so hot," you muttered to yourself, reaching an arm to wipe the sheen of sweat on your forehead and fanning your face with your other hand.

The windows were right next to the bed, gray curtains were drawn wide open. So much light and so much warmth poured in, seeming to sting and scald every crevice of your skin. Then the realization struck you.