Saints and Sinners ≫ Hawkfrost x Female! Reader x Brambleclaw (CHOICE ENDING)

Art: DariaFireLight

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some angst
• Mentioned murder

****

You trudged along the empty stretch of moor, your numb paws feeling like stones and your tail dragging behind you. Normally you would be curled up in your warm, soft nest in WindClan, but that wasn't an option for you anymore. Onestar had come to the conclusion that you had murdered a ThunderClan warrior in cold blood and exiled you. His accusation was wrong, of course. You would never harm another cat if they didn't deserve it, and you especially wouldn't go out of your way to hunt down a warrior you hardly even knew.

I never knew Onestar was this hare-brained, You thought, your anger more bitter than the unbearable chill of the night. I guess StarClan wanted me to learn that the hard way.

You paused, looking up at the endless swath of stars above you. They suddenly seemed further away than ever, and anger clenched your chest as you gazed at them. "You're supposed to look after us!" You snarled, your voice echoing across the barren stretch of turf. "Why would you let this happen to me!?" The starry warriors didn't respond, however, and you were left feeling more alone than you ever had.
Feeling defeated, you sat down in the cold snow and wrapped your tail around your numb paws. Life was so unfair sometimes.

Suddenly, your ears picked up on a small piece of conversation. You tensed, rising back to your paws and bracing yourself in case you had to run or fight.

Who in StarClan's name is all the way out here in the middle of the night in this weather?

Suddenly feeling rather frightened, you took a step backwards just as two muscular toms emerged from the forest, their heads bent in deep conversation. You recognized both of them from gatherings, and you weren't sure of their presence made you feel better or worse. You knew they were the sons of Tigerstar, in tyrant of a leader who ruled ShadowClan and left the forest bathed in blood many moons ago. Your mother had always told you that it was wrong to judge a cat based on their blood, but you almost couldn't help it with those two.

Hawkfrost noticed you and narrowed his eyes. Brambleclaw followed his brother's gaze, then blinked in surprise. "Oh, uh... Hi. I think I've seen you at gatherings before," The ThunderClan warrior meowed hesitantly. "You're...?"

"(Y/N)." You replied quietly.

Brambleclaw's eyes lit up in remembrance. "Oh, that's right. You're a WindClan warrior, right?"

"I was a WindClan warrior. If I was still welcome in their camp, I wouldn't be all the way out here right now." Bitterness clenched your throat like fangs, and your voice cracked as you struggled to hold back tears. The two brothers shared a confused glance. It was obvious they hadn't fully grasped the concept yet.

"Wait, hold on." Hawkfrost chimed in, taking several steps towards you. "Are you saying you were exiled?" You simply dipped your head once in confirmation, allowing it to stay lowered. You no longer had the energy to hide your pain. The RiverClan warrior stared at you unblinkingly, his expression unreadable through the blur of tears. "Oh." He sounded uncertain, like he didn't know what to say.

Just then, Brambleclaw padded to Hawkfrost's side and fixed you with a puzzled stare. "Um... If you don't mind me asking, why did Onestar throw you out?"