Making Good on an Old Promise

Obi-wan and I walk around until we find the person I am looking for.

"Watto?" I sayin the native tounge. He turns.

"Ah! Vanna! I heard you were ill. I'm glad to see that you are doing better. You are doing Better right?" He asks. Some might think that Watto is greedy and he is, but if you get to know him. He's a decent enough guy.

"Yes I am. Thank you. Long ago you and I made an arrangement. If I could raise the funds you would release Anakin and Shmi to me." I pull out the small pouch of money. "Well I have the funds now." I say. He looks at it.

"Vanna, Anakin is already freed." He says.

"Then give me Shmi." I say handing him the money. "Keep the extra."

"Thank you, Vanna." He says.

"I will be back in a couple days. We are getting ready to leave." I say and he nods. Obi-wan and I turn to leave.

"Vanna, whosea this boy, eh? He likes you I suspect, eh?" Watto asks in intergalactic basic. I smile and look at Obi-wan. I see that he's blushing.

"Yeah. This is Obi-wan Kenobi. He is a close friend of mine." I say and Obi-wan looks at me.

"Hopefully more." Obi-wan says.

"Oooo. The boy likey eh?" Watto chuckles. "Ey boy you listen to me. Youa better not hurt, Vanna. She's a good girl." I smile as Obi-wan nods.

"Of course." He says then we leave. We arrived back at the ship just as Master Jinn is about to leave.

"Where have you two been?" He asks.

"He was helping me collect my winnings." I say as I almost get by him.

"What winnings?" He asks.

"You made a bet and so did I." I say as he stops me.

"What did you bet? No gambler would take what little money you had for a good bet." He says leaning forward in the saddle of the beast he is sitting on.

"Don't worry about it. It all worked out." I say going to walk off.

"Vanna." He says.

"Calm down i'll tell you later!" I say as I walk into the ship and sit at a table. I groan and drop my head on the table. About 20 minutes later I hear someone drop something. I look and see Obi-wan trying to replace the hyperdrive. I walk over to the doorway and chuckle.

"Dang it!" Obi-wan says. I chuckle and lean on the door frame. He gets zapped and I roll my eyes.

"Here let me help you." I say making my presents known. He watches as I come over and start working on the hyperdrive. He eventually helps in what way he can.

"How did you get so good at working on hyperdrives?" He asks.

"Well when you spend alot of time with a kid like Ani." I grunt as I tighten something. "You learn how to fix things."

"Oh. I see." He says.

"There. All done." I say then we stand back up.

"Good job, Vanna." He says and gives mea quick kiss. I blush and look down.

"Obi." I say and he chuckles.

"I better get to the bridge." He says then leaves. I go to the open door of the ship when I feel a disturbance in the force. I go outside and seemaster Gin and Anakin running to the ship. Then I see a black figure on a speeder bike right behind them.