Chapter 5

Rushing home, I don't make eye contact with anyone, nor do I even try to look at my surrounding in fear that I would make eye contact with the lean man once again. His eyes were burnt into my mind, evil and almost psychotic looking. I needed that remote, this is not something from my universe and they need to fucking deal with it themselves.

"Come on, move, move, move." I whisper, trying to push my way through the slow walkers in front of me. Despite getting some shouts and grunts of annoyance, I was able to keep pushing forward until I entered my building. I took the stairs, not wanting to even wait for the elevator, and quickly unlocked my door.

"Thank fuck." I sigh once I was inside and the door was locked, I was out of breath and shaking like crazy. I almost ran over to the desk drawer sitting under my window, ripping it open and grabbing the small remote that I was given almost 7 months ago from a movie character.

"Alright, here goes nothing." I sigh, before pressing the obnoxiously red button. I expected it to start beeping, or a portal to suddenly open and all the Avengers fall out and immediately ask what happens. But of course, I guess that isn't very realistic.

JUST LIKE THIS SITUATION.

I did not expect a sudden crackle coming from my phone in my pocket, a distantly familiar voice speaking up.

"Hello? Rachel? You used the button?! Are you okay?" Tony's voice was distant and cut out every few seconds but hearing him made me almost cry in relief knowing that everything was still real. This wasn't some weird fever dream, and I wasn't alone.

"Uh," I brought my phone up to my ear. "Oh, hey Tony. Any chance you've figured out multiverse travel yet? I kind of have a situation?" I go silent and I tap my foot, looking out the window to look for any kind of drama happening outside that would tell me if he was near my apartment.

"What's happened?" I hear Tony's voice suddenly cleared and it sounded as if this was just a normal call.

"Oh, you know... the usual. I've been seeing copies of you guys walking around the city, stalking me. That's been total fun. Wanda broke into my apartment last night too, she needs to learn boundaries." I start rambling. "Oh yeah, how could I forget. Loki fucking Laufeyson has come to visit too! He's got a posse and everything."

"WHAT?" I heard Tony shriek.

"'WHAT' IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN ASKING MYSELF FOR 7 MONTHS TONY – HOW THE FUCK HAS THIS HAPPENED AND ARE YOU GOING TO COME AND FIX THIS?" I shout back at him. "I am not dying from a Norse god who SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST!!"

"Oh boy," I heard Tony mutter before it sounded as if he dropped the phone. "Look, I need to go and talk to people-"

"YES, YOU DO!" I shout again, pissed off and scared. "Tony, speak to Dr Strange, try and contact the TVA if you even know what that is. Look, I cannot do this anymore. I am terrified for my life every time I leave my apartment. I don't know what to do!"

"I'll get back to you as soon as possible, Rachel." He tells me before my phone goes silent.

Did this bitch really just hang up on me? DID I JUST GET HUNG UP ON BY TONY STARK?! I swear on my life I am going to murder that guy as soon as I lay my eyes on him again. Thanos can stay scared because I will have no mercy when I get my hands on that annoying, frustrating, handsome man.

I peek out my window to make sure that there was no evil Loki hanging outside my window when instead I felt my heart skip a beat when I noticed something on my windowsill.

A shoe print.

Very faint but it was definitely there. Now to think about it, my window is open and once again, I know VERY well that it was closed when I left earlier this morning. Suddenly I felt cold hands wrap around me and before I could even struggle I felt almost what seemed to be cold-water spread over my body and I felt myself collapse. My vision went black, and I was surrounded by absolutely nothing.

---

Honestly, I just love how when I posted the teaser chapter all of you guys just knew it was Loki. LIKE BRO HOW I TRIED MAKING IT NOT OBVIOUS AND YALL JUST THROW ME UNDER THE BUS.

Was it because I said he had a fan club like why *cries*