Chapter 3 - Osiris' Tomb

The sunlight kissed the top of the surrounding mountains when you reached the tomb. You then transformed into your humanoid form a couple of hundred meters before the temple. Whilst walking to the tomb you saw a chariot and white horses outside, you presumed that this was Bek. As you neared the steps, you saw hundreds of blessings and gifts many people had given to Osiris and Isis as their bodies lay before them. Before you climb the steps, you crouched down, feeling your breaths become faster and shallow. How could you bear to face Horus after you let Set take his eyes? Eventually, you calmed your breathing as you looked up to the sky, praying to Ra for strength. Slowly, you stood and began to climb the stairs.

When you reached the doorway, you closed your eyes before pushing the door open further. Opening your eyes, you saw him. Horus. You stood in the doorway as you looked down onto the God who knelt, a flight of stairs between you. Your eyes widened as you saw that it truly was him. "Horus?" you asked quietly, feeling tears swell in your eyes. You saw him look up to you with his eye, his hands dropped to his sides as he saw you. Immediately, you ran down the stairs until you reached the bottom step.  Horus took a step forward and embraced you in his strong arms.

"My Ra, you're alive," you whispered in his ear as he held you close. For a few minutes, he held you, breathing in your familiar smell as you quietly sobbed into his shoulder. Then, you felt Horus pull away from you and look you in the eye. 

"What happened to you? I heard that Set had killed you?" he asked as he traced over the scar on your face with his hand. You took a shallow breath as you looked away to the floor. Horus then placed his finger on your chin, lifting your face to meet his eye. 

"I'm sorry... I couldn't stop him," you apologized, softly touching his eyepatch. "I'm so sorry." Horus then took your hand in his, this immediately made your heart race.  He then shook his head, "You did all you could, and you nearly died for me." Horus remarked, then shook his head. "You did more than Hathor anyway, who lies in the bed of the God who took my eyes and never tried to help me once." Hearing Horus talk about Hathor made your heart crack as you remember her jealousy.

The two of you remained standing close as you began to share what had happened over the past year, until the mortal Bek obnoxiously coughed, diverting both your attention. You then looked over to him with a cold stare, imagining Horus did the same as Bek took a couple of steps back.

"Um so are you guys, like together?" Bek questioned in a quiet voice. You then looked back to Horus as you saw him chuckle. Did the two of you look like a couple? Whatever romantic feelings you felt towards him, you tried to bury as if Hathor was who made him happy then you weren't to oppose. When Horus returned his eye to you, you slightly shifted your head to the doorway. 

You then turned away from Horus and began to climb up the stairs. you turned slightly to see Bek running along to catch up to you. "Try to keep up!" you shouted behind you. Soon after, Horus ran slightly to catch up to you and then looked back to Bek trailing behind.

"You helped the mortal? He mentioned something about a God helping him retrieve my eye, I imagine that was you?" he asked slightly whispering. You looked to him.

"I didn't even know if you were alive Horus, I spent hundreds of days laying in that vault thinking I didn't do enough to save you. But when that mortal said you were alive... Horus, I never felt happier. So in return, I promised to help him." you stated.

"You promised him to help with something that can't be helped? Y/n you know bringing back the dead is impossible!" Horus grunted, annoyed that he now had to lug around this mortal.

"What do you mean bringing back the dead?" you asked as your head shot around to look at him. 

"He bargained with me and brought in a woman in his arms. He thinks I can bring her back if I kill Set and take the throne." Horus sighed, looking over his shoulder to Bek. You then stopped dead in your tracks and turned to look at Horus' eye.

"You told him you can bring the woman back if you take back the throne? Horus you lied to him? He may have to sacrifice his life, thinking he is saving his partner but instead it's for your needs? Why doesn't he stay with the mortal woman?" You asked, outraged that Horus could possibly exploit Bek like that even after he stole back his eye for him. 

"He knows how to get into Set's pyramid, but he said he would only show me if I brought her back, besides he's a mortal anyway." Horus defended as the both of you continued walking. In return, you scoffed at his selfish attempt at defending himself. 

After hours of walking, you all finally came across the large mountain of Ra. As you looked up the monstrous mountain you took a sharp inhale, then looked to Horus. "Would be nice to have a pair of wings right now."  you huffed as you began to climb. 

After what seemed like forever, you all nearly reached the top.  Bek grew impatient of your and Horus' bickering as he finally spoke up. "So what is your plan?" he huffed between breaths.

"To kill the God of the Desert, you must kill the desert itself," Horus replied climbing higher.

"Kill the desert? How do you kill the desert?" Bek questioned more as his arms grew tired from climbing. You were impressed he made it this far up the mountain. You rolled your eyes at Bek's question as you reached up to the final stone and pulled yourself to the top of the ledge.

"We must go to my Grandfather's," Horus stated as he followed after you, pulling himself up, "He'll help us with our task." At the tip of the mountain, a large stone statue of the sun filled your view, it was magnificent. You then turned to hear Bek grunt as he tried to pull himself up the mountain as you and Horus had effortlessly done. Walking towards him, you bent down to grab his arm and pull him up. As Bek tried to regain his strength whilst lying on the stone mountain he looked up to Horus.

"Your Grandfather? You mean Ra? The sun God Ra?" he questioned in awe, "So where exactly is your Grandfather? You and Horus then both looked up to the sky, which then lead to Bek looking up as well. "You're being funny, right?" You then turned to Bek with a tired face, mostly being exhausted from his numerous questions. 

"You think I put any effort into trying to amuse you?" Horus replied turning back to the statue ahead of you both. Before Bek could try to add another witty comment Horus spoke, "Without both my eyes I cannot transform, I need to pray for strength."

"well, that's not encouraging!" Bek answered

"You may want to shut up otherwise you will most likely reach the bottom of this mountain a lot faster than you reached the top." you sternly muttered to Bek as Horus approached the shrine. You watched as he slowly sat onto his knees and began to pray. You lowered yourself into a bow out of respect for the mighty Sun God Ra.

As Horus desperately prayed to his Grandfather for help, many minutes passed. Soon, you watched as he stood up and turned around to face you as Ra blessed him with strength, allowing him to transform into his metallic falcon form. Horus spread his large wings as you and Bek approached him. 

"Impressed!" Bek yelled over the strong winds of the mountain. You both walked over to Horus as he carefully wrapped each other his arms around you both, preparing to fly to Ra.

OML IM TRYING TO MAKE MY CHAPTERS LONGER BUT THERES NOT MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT ANYWAY 

word count - 1397