||6||

Hey lovely people! I'm really sorry for not updating in so long, I started university and moved across the country so life has been pretty busy. But I'm dedicated to this book, thanks to all of you for the support and kind words. Thank you to those who have stuck around since the beginning. <3

With a half-empty glass of wine in her left hand, and her mate's cold hand in her right, Tori relaxed against the softed seat, eyes closed and bathing in the scorching heat of Barcelona

With a half-empty glass of wine in her left hand, and her mate's cold hand in her right, Tori relaxed against the softed seat, eyes closed and bathing in the scorching heat of Barcelona. The pair had only been in Spain a few days, most of their time spent in the privacy of the villa. Today, Tori had begged Jasper to accompany her outside  the castle-like building. She wanted to experience the city at it's fullest, bathe in the sunshine and be amongst the people.

"Please Jasper, It'll be fun I promise!" Tori whined, pulling on his hand. Jasper had a prominent frown on his face.

"As lovely as the idea of going out might seem, the reality will disappoint you darlin'."
Tori closed the small distance between them, placing her free hand on his chest, looking up at him with a reassuring smile.

"I can mute their heartbeats, so you won't have to worry about that." Jasper watched her with thoughtful eyes.

"My skin will be noticeably glistening." Tori hummed in acknowledgement.
"What if you stay in the shade? Whilst on the move, you can wear this." Tori reached behind her, grabbing her large sombrero from the nightstand.

Jasper's lips pulled into a small smirk as he eyed the accessory. Tori stifled a giggle as she reached on her tip-toes, placing the hat on his head. Her fangs slightly sticking out as she laughed.

"There ya go, you look like a cowboy on vacation."

Tori was exposed to the sun completely, while Jasper sat not too far from her, under the shade of the large umbrella that was attached to their table, hidden from the sun. A soft breeze flowed through the warm air, carrying the joyus voices of Spanish citiziens and tourists mingling in the area. The pair kept their distance from them, at an isolated table close enough to not seem odd or stand out, but far enough that their scents were barely picked up.

"Isn't this lovely Jas?" Tori asked, a happy smile on her lips. She opened her eyes, looking at Jasper. He was already watching her, with a big smile on his face. He couldn't keep his eyes off her, the sun brought out her freckles and highlighted her features beautifully.

"I've never seen you look so happy, sweetheart." Her smile widened as she squeezed his hand lovingly.

"I haven't been on vacation in a really long time. It's nice to get away from the real world, and relax with you close to me." A small blush flushed over her cheeks as she looked back at him. His smile widened as he leant forward, pressing his lips to her cheek. Tori turned her eyes to his glistening skin, reaching out to touch before he moved back into the shade.