[003]

She who values ashes

It's my birthday tomorrow, at makakasama ko na ulit si Mark, ang boyfriend ko for almost 4 years. Nag ldr kami dahil kinailangan niya mag-aral sa probinsya nila.

"Love, matulog ka na. Maaga ka pa aayusan bukas, dapat pag dating ko diyan ay naka ayos ka na. Baka makita pa kitang pangit diyan.", he slightly chuckles as I saw his eyes sparkling.

Nag-vc kami dahil parehas kaming hindi maka-tulog, excited for tomorrow.

"Later mahal, sing for me will you?", he nods and started singing random songs using his husky voice, jeez am so lucky to have him.

"I love you", was the last word I heard until I close my eyes and fell asleep.

[Fast forward]

I woke up early, hearing my mom knocking on my door.

"I just woke up, Ma! Pasok ka nalang.", I shouted and bury my face into the pillows.

"Happy birthday, anak. Look at mama, I'll give you something.", she entered my room bringing a bouquet, it is covered by a paper bag so I can't see what kind of flowers it is. "My unica hija isn't a baby anymore, she's a fine lady now."

She comes near me and sits at the side of my bed as I sit on the other side. "Ma, what's this?", I smiled and peck her cheeks. I started to unpack the bouquet, revealing that it was my favorite flower...sunflower.

"This is your debut, this should be special for you anak. Here, is a bouquet of your dream flowers, sunflower. I know I shouldn't give you these because you want Mark to be the first one to give you, but let me. I wanted to witness your priceless smile for the last time anak, I wanna see you proud of me.", and there, she put the flowers beside me and hugs me tightly, my mom loves drama d*mn.

"Ma, ayaw ko po umiyak, birthday ko po tapos papaiyakin niyo ako.", she pulls me closer and sobs on my shoulder.

"I love you anak, Mark is on the door, I can now leave you since he will take care of you. I love you, anak.", after that her body turns into ashes and slowly fades away.

From that day on, I value ashes more than anything else. I am Aezia, who loves to receive sunflowers and wishes to see her ashes again.

[ https://www.facebook.com/linya.courtney ]

—a.f.
—eys