1

November 1983

Laura walked through the narrow hallways at Hawkins High School, scurrying to reach her sophomore chemistry class. She was praying she wouldn't be late, making that her last tardy before her teachers start calling home. She walked into the classroom right as the bell run, the whole class already in their seats.

Embarrassment flushed over Lauras face as she finally took her seat after what had felt like an eternity. This was the last period of the day, and she was not excited about returning home where she lived with her boyfriend. In all honesty, he was controlling, and she didn't even understand what she saw in the prick at the time. 

as the final bell rung Laura got up with a frustrated expression, knowing she once again had to go home to a man who she knows didn't actually love her, but only used that as a guilt trip to get her to stay every single time. Although Laura didn't know it, there was a certain someone interest in her. the one and only, Steve Harrington. Resident popular at Hawkins high.

Right before Laura's departure, Steve walked up. "what's wrong with your face?"

"Excuse me?" Laura turned back at her classmate, seemingly taking offense. "what- no, I mean why do you look so upset?" Steve stuttered out, looking like a deer in headlights. "Why do you care, aren't you supposed to be with Wheeler or something?" the fragile girl spoke to the tall yet slightly lanky boy.

"Fine, but I'm having a party tonight. Wanna come? Tommy and Carol will be there, I'm sure Nance and her friend are coming too."

"Cant, sorry." Laura brushed off his invite, walking towards the exit. Soon enough she landed in her boyfriend, Ryan's car. "What fuckin' took ya so long?!" He seethed, obviously angry that Laura had made him wait an additional five minutes while she had a quite irritating conversation with Steve. "Sorry, I was talking to a teacher about my grades-" Laura was sharply cut off by a harsh smack to her left cheek. "What did I tell you about keeping me waiting?!"

Laura felt the tears well up in her eyes, keeping her head down while a red mark stained her face where Ryan's hand had landed. The car started moving, only for Laura to realize that they had started driving.

By the time they had arrived home, Laura gotten out of the car and marched into the house. She had went about her normal life, ignoring Ryan at any chance she got, she never understood why she couldn't just gain the courage to just get up and walk out of the house. She figured maybe she was just stuck somehow, maybe it was like ripping off a band-aid.

Laura had decided she was going to rebel against Ryan's insane rules to keep her shut out, and she had enough of the bullshit.

Later that night

Laura had gotten dressed up all nice, even attempted at putting on make-up, about to walk out of the front door all while Ryan was about in the kitchen. She had made it about half way out the door before her arm was grabbed and she was pulled back in. "Let me go!" was the last thing she said before going unconscious due to a blow to the head.

---------------

First chapter! not really the best quality story I've ever written but its something!