🪖🇱🇷~Section 6~🇱🇷🪖

There he stood, choosing to make another decision that this time would be made with more thought on what would realistically be the best decision for his needs. There were two things he was certain of:
That he wanted to serve and protect his country and that joining the army might not have been the best way to do that. He felt ashamed and like a coward. He wanted to kill himself before someone else could beat him to the punch. He didn't fully evaluate the lifestyle he'd gotten himself into and knew it was something he couldn't just walk away from.

Lately his sleep hours consisted of nightmares where he'd get blown up through a bombing just like his Father, or shot in the wrong body part from an unexpected bullet. PTSD is real and had already gotten inside of his brain.

Tommy stood still saluting to the flag a few yards away from him. He contained the same negative thoughts from the moment he stepped into the uniform. He disappointed his Mother, he disappointed his brothers, he disappointed his country, and most importantly he disappointed himself.

Snow began falling fast and steady, covering Tommy who still stood saluting to the flag. Snow started to cover him which caused his body to feel numb all over again. The wind chill picked up as the night became later. The ice water falling from the dark dreary sky made Tommy only freeze faster, causing his blood pressure to slow down and freezing the veins out in his circulation. He didn't remember anything after closing his eyes by one point feeling immuned to the numbness in his limbs.