Northern Downpour Sends its Love

You woke up in the middle of the night after a terrible dream. In the dream, you got pushed off the dragon on accident, and you actually thought that you were falling. It was highly unlikely when you looked back on it, though, because you had been pushed off by a giant cat with fire for eyes. Yeah, slightly demonic. Okay, a lot demonic. Anyway, when you woke up, it seemed like the whole world was asleep. Leo was dozed off at the wheel (you were glad the caffeine finally wore off), Annabeth was still curled up with Percy, and Jason was...cuddling McFries? Were you sure you weren't still dreaming? That's when you looked up at the sky...
It was starting to get colder now because you were so close to Quebec, but the sky still looked the same. You sat up, looking at the sky, and stared at the deep grey wisps covering the blue-black sky with its white hot stars, an in the middle of all that chaos and fighting for attention was the moon. A full moon, shining radiantly against all of that chaos and darkness; it was the light in the darkness that only few cared to see. It automatically reminded you of a song you liked back when you were still thinking you were a mortal. With a slight twinge of hope, you put the headphones in and turned the iPod on once more. Sure enough, the song was there, but under all of his songs-not in one specific playlist. You clicked it, and the familiar acoustic guitar sound filled your ears, old emotions immediately rushing into the pit of your stomach like you were normal once again. You set it down in your lap, and smiled up at the moon. A lot had changed since then-but was it all bad? You were always picked on at all the schools you had been to because you liked fictional realities more than real ones, and so you read constantly to keep your imagination alive. You had never really had a thing for Greek mythology until a new girl came to your school, your grade, and your class.She had sun-kissed skin; blonde curls that were usually pulled back into a ponytail, but still made her look like a princess anyway; and a body build any athlete would have killed for. Her name was Annabeth Chase. You still remembered the first day that she had came and ate lunch with you, even though half of the boys at the whole school was drooling over her. Before you knew it, you had made your first friend since...had you ever had one that wasn't fictional? After two days, she started tutoring you in your worst subject-mythology.
"I just don't understand what this has to do with anything," you had complained, extremely frustrated.
"Believe me, you'll use this a lot more than you think in life," Annabeth had said. You had to laugh when you looked back on it because you now knew why she was always pushing you for mythology.
You smiled dreamily at the moon once more, and sang along to the song:
Hey moon, please forget to go down,
Hey moon don't you go down...
You thought of everything that had happened good, and you were welcomed happily back into the warm arms of sleep and good dreams of Leo singing Northern Downpour in a kitchen while he was making breakfast-for you.
It was a good night.