chapter 23

Patrick's POV

You haven't really heard much from me because I've been dealing with alot. My wife and I are currently returning  from Canada there was a retirement Don and Donna Ball there. We had to go otherwise it would've been a sign of disrespect.

I'm now lost in thoughts of my daughter. Why did this happen  in the first place. Couldn't he just waiting to find me alone.  Marco is the cause of this. Or maybe I am. Why would I take Zoya  out of the house without enough
guardsmen.

I was just rethinking and overthinking everything. I was trying my best to stay calm about the whole situation.

"Patrick" said my wife still reading a book written -how to lead a healthy life-. "You know I'm trying to make you not die at the same time we all are holding  onto  baby Zoya's life. We don't get to choose in all this. We have to be patient" she said looking at me.

She was wearing her glasses it can only mean she's trying to hide her worry and especially  her tears. I walked over to her and sat infront of  her. I took her hands in mine and kissed them. I proceeded to take her glasses off.

"amore mio, sarebbe stato molto meglio se tu avessi fatto uscire tutto. Zoya è la nostra vita, l'unica cosa che ci mantiene sani di mente. siamo spaventati quanto te, ma non possiamo sopportare la tua preoccupazione se non la esprimi. ti prego, parla almeno con me" I said to her.

She smiled and looked away from me. "And I want you to look at me when you open up to me. That's the only way this can work only if you and I talk" I said.

She looked at me and my heart broke the moment she did. I cupped her cheeks. "You tell me Patrick how am I supposed to react when my only daughter is in hospital and is on a life or death surgery. I'm a doctor I know the risks. Anderson is just trying to keep his sister with him. Not that there's  anything wrong but for sure what if..." She stopped and looked at me deeply. I moved to sit beside her.  " we can't loose another baby. Annalise  was enough trauma for the boys. Not Annamore  now." She said as I pulled her into a hug. "She's going to be okay. It's all going to be. Please just pull yourself together for yours and everyone's sake." I said.

Annalise? Yes  , well before Zoya and after the twins we had a baby Annalise. She died soon after birth. We gave birth to her perfectly without any complications. And hour after we was placed in her coat she started crying and coughing rapidly. You couldn't imagine  the pain i was going through watching a newly born baby crying and coughing and choking and the worst part was she was my daughter. The doctors tried to help her the best they could they spent hour with her in the OT but after about 5 hours trying to figure out what was wrong we lost her. She choked while she was sleeping and since she was just a new born still fragile the impact of her crying and coughing caused her fragile organs to stop responding and she died.

Zoya doesn't know that she had a sister. We all promised not to tell. I don't know why I made everyone promise this but I was so scared of how she would react. She was already going through so much. I didn't want her to wish she died or anything of that sort. I was just scared of her reaction. So I made everyone keep it to ourselves and when Melissa brought up her name today I immediately  started regretting the fact that Zoya didn't know.

"Zoya will be okay." I said one more time before lifting up my wife and placing her on the bed in the plane.
***************************************
Dillan's  POV

"James what did you find on Nigel.?" I asked while walking out of  our last final exam. He just shrugged he shoulders. "He didn't find anything." Said Jake. "You came out blank?" I asked looking at him confused he never comes  out blank. "No it's not that. I just found out that his was supposed to be doing his finals just like us. He has cancer. In hospital for treatment. He's parents died and his living with his  other uncle and aunt. Brother and sister terms. Nothing else. Also that he's  came from  Paris thou originally born in China." He said.