Part 4

You spent the next few days curled up in bed. Mot didn't come by as often as before. He'd knock on the door every evening but said nothing. You didn't let him in. You didn't want to see him. Rolling over in bed, you stared at the door. You were starving. As much as you didn't want to leave the room, you had to find something to eat soon.

You slid out from under the covers and went to find your clothes. You looked between your dirty clothes and the robe Mot had given you. The idea of running into Mot wearing his clothing was not something you were thrilled about right now. You picked up your clothes and sniffed them. There was no way you were wearing them. You resigned to wearing the robe, slipping it over your head.

When you opened the door, you stepped on something and jumped back. There was an assortment of bowls outside on the floor. You guessed that Mot's nightly visits had been to bring you dinner. The bowls were mostly empty, which you assumed was Tifla's doing.

You stepped over the bowls and started wandering through the halls. You'd caught sight of the kitchen once before and you thought you'd be able to find it again. Being as quiet as possible, you snuck through the hall and slid into the room.

The kitchen seemed slightly cleaner than the rest of the house. While it didn't look as though it was used often, you could see where Mot had tried to clean up a little. The thought of him cleaning up in here after making your dinner made your chest hurt. You tried not to think about it anymore. You rummaged through the cabinets and found a lot of nothing.

Your head was pounding. You slid down onto the floor and cradled your head in your hands. There had to be something to eat here. That soup didn't just appear out of thin air. You didn't want to ask Mot but you knew you had to eat soon. You stood up and left the kitchen. Mot's room was not something you'd come across yet. You didn't even know where it might be.

Wandering through the halls again, you continued your strategy of peeking inside every door you found. You walked upstairs and came to a large door at the end of the hall. You paused before opening it. Something about it felt different than the other rooms and you didn't want to just walk in. You knocked softly and heard no reply. Pushing open the door a crack, you peeked inside.

It was dark, like most of the castle, and you could hardly see inside. The dim light from the hallway illuminated a sliver of the room and you saw ‌it was a bedroom. You opened the door wider, stepping inside. Mot was sprawled on the bed, his arm covering his face. Tifla was curled on his stomach, sleeping peacefully.

"Mot?" You approached him cautiously. He didn't stir. You whispered his name again, placing your hand on his arm. Mot sat up suddenly, his hand reaching out and gripping you around the neck. You grasped at his fingers, trying to pry them off of you. Tifla dashed away, hiding in the corner and hissing loudly.

Mot stood up and lifted you into the air. You grabbed his arm, trying to take the pressure off of your neck. Tears welled in your eyes as you struggled to breathe. You looked into his eye but he didn't seem to see you. You dug your nails into his arm and choked out his name. Mot's gaze snapped to you and his eye widened.

"Y/N?" He quickly set you down on the bed, releasing your neck. You gasped for air, your lungs burning. Mot took a shaky step back. "I...I didn't mean...." He stared down at his hands, balling them into fists. He turned away, hurrying towards the door.

"Wait!" You called out, your throat aching. Mot froze. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come in here." You tried to stand from the bed but your legs gave out and you fell to your knees. Mot turned around and walked back over to you. He crouched down in front of you.

"Why are you apologizing to me? After what I just did to you?" He grabbed your hands and helped you to your feet. "After everything...." He trailed off. Your legs still felt shaky and you sat back down on the bed.

"For the same reason‌ you're still trying to help me." He was still holding onto your hands and tried to pull away at your words. You held his hands tighter and he stilled, looking down at you.

"And what reason is that, little bug?" You decided you were done playing Mot's game. Standing on the bed, you were now eye level with him. You let go of one of his hands and ran your fingers across his cheek. He had a black marking on his face and your fingers traced it gently. Mot recoiled.

"Stop." You leaned in closer, your thumb ghosting across his lower lip. "Stop fighting it and just let me in." You whispered, your breath brushing against his face. He closed his eye, taking a deep breath.

"You don't understand what you're asking of me." He mumbled, his fingers moving hesitantly against yours. "I shouldn't...."

"I said stop." You commanded, lacing your fingers together. Mot looked at you, his eye widening.

"Stop speaking to me like that. " His jaw clenched and you trailed your fingers along it.

"Make me." You leaned in closer, your lips nearly touching. Mot's hot breath brushed against your lips. His free hand snaked around your waist. You gasped as he pulled you roughly against his body.

Mot's lips crashed into yours. You let go of his hand and wrapped your arms around his neck, tangling your fingers in his thick hair. Your body pressed even closer to his. You hopped up, wrapping your legs tightly around his waist.

Mot laid you down on the bed, his hips pressing hard against yours. You gasped into his mouth. You could feel his arousal grinding against you and a heat spread through you. Your legs gripped tighter around him, pressing his hips even harder into your body. Mot broke the kiss and buried his face in your neck, groaning.

"I-I can't." He breathed heavily against your skin, his hands running along your hips.

"You can." You rolled your hips against him and he gasped, his fingers digging into your skin. Mot kissed your neck, his sharp teeth nipping at the sensitive flesh. "I want you, so take me." Mot leaned back and looked down at you. You ran your hands along the sides of his face.

Your fingers brushed against the hair that always covered one side of his face. Mot tensed. You brushed the hair away from his face, but he pulled away quickly. You unhooked your legs from him to keep yourself from being dragged onto the floor.

"Don't." He stepped away from the bed.

"Mot, come on." You stood up a little too quickly and you swayed. You remembered why you'd come here in the first place. Mot reached out and steadied you.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I'm just a little hungry." You gave him a reassuring smile. Mot sighed and reached down, scooping you up into his arms.

"I'll feed you." He grumbled. You smiled, resting your head against his shoulder.

"Thank you." You weren't thrilled with the way things were just cut short between you, but you didn't imagine they'd have gotten much further without you getting some food in you anyway.

You glanced up at Mot's face as he carried you through the hall. He was clearly covering the side of his face for a reason, but you had no idea why. He didn't seem ready to discuss it. You were determined to get him to open up eventually.

-------------------

we're almost there, there will be real smut in the next part (: