PROLOGUE

Mommy, do I have a daddy? Napatigil ako sa pagpapakain sa kanya when he asked me the question. Yes baby, you have I try to smile at him kahit gusto ko ng umiyak. Really? Where is daddy mom? I closed my eyes para pigilan ang sarili kong umiyak. Nasasaktan ako para sa anak ko. I am hurt kasi kahit ako hindi ko alam ang sagot. Ahmm he is working love so that you can be a pilot someday. Napalingon siya sa akin Really mom? I hug him. Yes love.

I know it is bad to lie but sometimes lying is the best way to make everythings fine. He is already six years old and I know that he needs a father and I very disappointed to myself na hindi ko yun mabibigay sa kanya.

Hoy tanga Nagulat ako ng may tumamang ballpen sa ulo ko. Ano ba Frey, kitang nagtatrabaho yong tao She looked at me with her judging look. Nagtatrabaho o nag e-emote? Bakit kasi hindi mo nalang dalhin si Light sa Italy at ipakilala sa kanyang hot na ama. Pag nalaman niyang may anak kayo, hihiwalayan niya yong kabit niyang fiancée. Tapos magiging happy family na kayo. Diba tapos ang problema mo Litaniya niya sabay upo sa sofa ng office ko. Napahilamos ako at tiningnan siya ng masama. You know that I cant do that, hindi niya na ako tatanggapin. Diba nga siya pa yong nagpalayas sa akin sa bansang yon. He hates me to death Frey, at ayokong pati anak ko ay kasuklaman niya She rolled her eyes and said Syempre galit siya sayo kasi mali yong alam niyang katutuhanan. Gamitin mo kasi yang genius brain mo, hindi yang puso mo. Tanga yarn girl? Napaisip ako sa sinabi niya. Paano kaya kung ginamit ko nga yong isip ko? Hindi kaya siya magagalit ng ganito sa akin? Hayst bakit ko ba to iniisip ngayon na ang dami ko pang kailangang gawin for the shop.

Alam mo Frey, mas mabuting lumabas kana ng office ko bago ko pa ungkatin yong love problem mo. I grin at her. Simimangot naman siya at tumayo. Aalis nan ga diba? Baboshh. See you later

I looked all the folders she gave me kanina right after she left the room. These are all about the new nine branches of Sparkle that we will open. I dream about this seven years ago with the man that I love hoping that we will achieve this together but some sh*ts happened. I love sw eets kaya bata palang ako gustong gusto ko ng makapagpatayo ng pastries store. I did everything para maabot ko kung saan ako ngayon. It was so hard at first kasi I was pregnant with Light when I decided to start making this dream come true. I am just glad that the people around me helped me to bounce back.

I was startled when the door suddenly open with Eve shouting. Ohhh my goshhh Hope, you would not believe this. OMG congratulations.

Why? Ano bang nangyayari sayo? All my friends are weird but this girl, Eve? Shes the worst.

Girl you wont believe this. My goshhh. We will go to Switzerland. Excited niyang sabi

Anong gagawin natin don? You know how busy I am right now Eve, I cant go with you

Gaga ka, pupunta tayong Switzerland kasi pumayag ng makipag meeting si Mr. Meier Napatayo ako sa sinabi niya. Parang nakalimutan ko lahat ng iniisip ko kanina.

Youre not kidding right? I am teary eyed asking her.

Yes girl! Kaya umuwi kana at sunduin si baby Light para mag impake kasi 4:00 PM ang flight natin She said excitedly.

Okay fine. Thank you so much girl. I hug her. I really cannot believe Mr. Meier accepted our request to have a meeting with him. Isang taon kaming naghintay dito. His late wife is the owner of the property that I want to buy here in the Philippines. That property was very important to me and my son and I will do everything to have it.

Sinundo ko si Light sa school niya at pinatulog ko muna while I prepare all the things that we need. I finished packing at 2:00 PM at saktong nagising ang anak ko. Sinundo kami ni Eve sa bahay and we will be staying at her parents house in Geneva.

While waiting at the airport we saw a boy carrying by his father. I looked at my son and he was looking at them. Eve looked at me sadly. I know she wants to say something and I am thankful that she did not say it.

After the long flight, sinundo kami ng parents ni Frey sa airport. My son is already sleeping. I am so exhausted, I feel like I will vomit in no time at the plane that is why I am trying my best to sleep. My son played with Tita Mina and Tito Loius at natulog lang ako. I hate this damn ____I think I cant travel right after the meeting with Mr. Meier tomorrow. Maybe Ill talk to Eve in staying here for one week, alam ko namang kaya na ni Frey ang mga trabaho dun sa Philippines.

I am currently at the Top o Met Restaurant waiting for Mr. Meier. Light and Eve is at the mall. Pupuntahan ko nalang sila after the meeting.

Napaayos ako ng upo ng makita kong paparating si Mr. Meier. I stand and shake his hand.

Good day Mr. Meir, thank you for accepting our offer to have a meeting with you I smiled at him genuinely but he just remained expressionless.

Lets start the meeting Ms. Suarez. You may take your sit Gosh alam kong importante ang meeting nato sa akin pero hindi ba kami oorder ng pagkain? I am so hungry.

I know that you have a very busy schedule sir, I will just go straight to the point. Huminga muna akong ng malalim. I want to buy your late wifes property in the Philippines. I am willing to double or even triple the price I smiled at him.

I heard you are really waiting for the land to be available in the market Ms. Suarez but I am very sorry I already promised to someone that I will sell the land to her as soon as I am ready to let it go. Do you know Ms. Birchmon?

Napatigil ako sa narinig ko. Birchmon? Please huwag naman sana yong kilala kong may apilyido ring ganon.

May I know the name of this lucky Birchmon sir? I asked nervously. Nanginginig na ang mga kamay ko.

Angelica Birchmon yong lady, the fiancé of the famous Dark Sebastian Berlusconi, you can talk to them actually. If they allow you to buy the land then Ill sell it to you but if not, I am sorry but I want to be true to my promise to Mr. Berlusconi. Her fiancé want it to he asked me to think about selling it. I hope you understand

Wala na akong naintindihan sa mga sinabi niya. What I know is I want to cry. Bumalik lahat ng sakit na naramdaman ko noon. Gusto ko siyang sumbatan. Bakit handa niyang gawin ang lahat para sa babaeng yon? I dont know what to do. I need that land, but I dont want to meet them.

After the meeting, I hurriedly went to my car and cry. Damn you Sebastian and your fuck*ng fiancé. I will do everything to get that land without seeing the two of you.

But I guess pinaglalaruan talaga ako ng tadhana. I saw my son and Eve with the persons I miss so much.

Look Mommy, they said that I look like their son My son smiled at me. I look at them with a teary eyed.

Hope? Anak Oh my gosh? Where did you go? Tita Z hug me while crying. I look at tito M and he is looking at us with a genuinely smile.

Did Dark know about this? Tito M asked me. I want to answer Tito but my eyes are locked with the two person in a candy store. I cried harder while looking at them. They are laughing with each other. Masaya sila, masaya na sila. I looked down and see my child looking at me with confusion.

Dali dali kong binuhat si Light at hinawakan si Eve while crying. Bes, we need go. I look at Tito and Tita. I am sorry but lets talk some after time, I am sorry.

Hahatakin ko na sana si Frey pero

What are you doing here that voice. His cold yet sexy voice stopped me.