t w e n t y - f i v e

Me and Nate walked out, hand in hand.

"Where's Chloe?" Nate asked in confusion. I looked around and spotted her.

"Uh... Nate?" He looked at me and I pointed over at the bar we were at before all of this. "I found her."

Nate followed my gaze over to where Chloe was sitting on the counter, making out with the barista.

"Oh you have got to be shitting me." Nate exclaimed. "We weren't even gone for 20 minutes, and she's already all over the freaking barista!"

Nate was fuming, but I, on the other hand, was struggling not to burst out laughing. "Come on, Nate. It's Chloe. Did you really expect anything else from her?" His grip on my hand hardened as I dragged him over to the bar. "Hey there, Chloe. Whatcha up to?" I smirked and leaned over the counter.

Chloe froze, then pushed the barista away. "Oh uh... hey... guys?" She winced and Nate rolled his eyes.

"Come on. Let's go get a hotel." Nate led the way while me and Chloe followed not far behind.

Chloe walked close to me and fiddled with her fingers. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded.

After about ten minutes of silent awkwardness, Chloe finally smiled, and said, "so, I see you and Nate finally... you know."

I froze, merely choking on my own saliva, and stared at her. "What?"

She gave me a confused face. "What do you mean, what? Am I wrong?"

I looked down and shook my head. "Well... no, but... how did you know?" I don't remember telling her anything, and Nate has been with me up until now. So how did she know?

Chloe smiled and rolled her eyes. "Look, it's not that hard to tell. From the way he looks at you, and how you look at him..." she trailed off. "Plus, you guys were holding hands as you walked out of the building after you stormed off."

I scoffed and looked down, embarrassed. "Oh. Yeah, right."

We walked into a big building. It looked nice. Too nice.

"Nate, how the hell do you expect us to pay for this? In case you haven't notice, we just washed up on a beach and have no money." Chloe somehow read my mind, and reminded him. I nodded in agreement.

Nate turned around with a grin on his face. "Just leave that to me." He flashed me a big smile, and my cheeks burned. Why was I so embarrassed? I've known him since I was like 12!

Nate walked up to the front desk with a cocky smile.

"Hey. We need some help."

*TIME SKIP*
*CHLOE'S POV*

I walked out onto the balcony where Nate was standing, the fresh summer breeze blowing his gorgeous brown hair.

"Hey." He jumped and turned around. Once he saw it was me, he sighed and turned back around.

"Oh, hey. You started me." He leaned over the edge.

"Sorry, didn't mean to." I sighed and came over next to him, our shoulders touching. He looked down at our shoulders and then at my face. I looked away quickly, but noticed him gulp. "I just wanted to say, you and y/n-"

"Please don't say anything. She's already weirded out by it, and doesn't need you rubbing it in or making her embarrassed." His face told me he was serious.

"Embarrassed? Why is she embarrassed? She's known you since you were both 12."

"I don't know." He looked down. "Just... please, Chloe. Don't say anything."

"I wasn't gonna." I said softly. He looked down at me, and my stomach fluttered. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to run my hands through his hair, and I wanted to touch him. I can't. I know it would hurt
y/n.

I sighed when Nate walked inside, leaving me outside alone.