get woke

falling-

flying solo - julie and the phantoms cast

"guess that means i'm buying lunch that day." luke sings as reggie follows along by tapping his hands on top of the piano. "i know all your secrets, you know all my deep dish. guess that means that somethings, they never-"

"wait, so-" reggie interrupts, sighing, "when she says deep dish, is she talking about like.. pizza?? or-" he pauses as alex poofs in between them. "oh- oh, hey man! where ya been?"

alex looks at reggie, "uhm, kinda everywhere. yeah, no, i met a new ghost friend." he explains.

reggie looks at him in astonishment, "for real?"

"yeah he answered, a ton of questions." he gestures.

luke begins, "yeah like whether," as he snatches his paper out from underneath alex. "julie's gonna join the band or not?" he slams the paper back down on the piano.

alex looks at him with wide eyes "well, we didn't.. didn't really get to that." he mumbles, turning to reggie. "but! i think i know why we're here, ok? all ghosts have like, unfinished business. so we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."

"how do we do that?" luke speaks softly as alex slowly turns his head towards him. "i- im just saying, this is like our second chance. all we need to do is get julie to play with us."

"yeah" reggie whispers. "not only can that girl sing but she can write too. luke and i made a killer melody to one of her lyrics." he finishes, gesturing to luke.

luke hands alex his notebook, "oh... without your drummer." alex nods disappointedly. "cool."

luke pats his shoulder, "drumming is so 90s, 'kay? we're just gonna," he lightly stomps his feet, "stomp our feet now."

alex nods, "ok.. well you know what else is so 90s? being rude. alright, get woke, these are sensitive times." he shoves the notebook at luke's chest. he turns back to reggie, whispering, "i learned that from my ghost friend."

reggie chuckles, "woke. that's- that's a cool word... what does it mean?"

alex shakes his head looking towards him, "no clue."

•••

after finally coming to terms with the light luke brought to her life, she didn't know whether to be relieved or horrified at the fact that they were friends once again, nor how to feel about the encounter that led up to it.

being relieved meant that she felt content in knowing that luke was 'safe' and happy in this afterlife.

being relieved meant that her 26 years of wondering and guilt was over.

however, being horrified meant that she would have to deal with her feelings again.

being horrified meant knowing that the truth was bound to come out.

she questioned whether luke felt like this too, and what she even really meant by 'felt'

HI!! i'm not going to lie i lost like ALL motivation to continue writing this and i am SO sorry for that. i am most likely going to wait until the school years over and i have more free time to continue making new chapters; however, since i feel like my writing has SLIGHTLY improved (thanks to english class LOL) i'm going to be taking some time to edit, change songs, change titles, just some stuff like that that i feel could really use some work!! since (as of right now) there is no second season being made, i wanna make sure the book for this season is as amazing as possible (possibly to the point where i could make a second book and just make stuff up) anyways... i hope all of y'all are safe and amazing!! ALSO HAPPY PRIDE MONTH ILY