6. We meet again

Only when they were out of their sight did Mandy let go of Jess’ hand.

“Seriously what was that?” Jess looked at her curiously.

“Remember that guy I touched at your party?”

“Yeah?”

“That’s him, Matthew” Mandy pointed her thumb back to Matthew’s group and Jess’ eyes widened.

“No Way!” Jess squealed and slapped Mandy’s shoulder from excitement.

“Oww!” Mandy complained but Jess paid her no mind.

“Is this destiny?!” Jess continued slapping Mandy’s arm.

“Hell no!” Mandy protested loudly.

“What destiny?” Ethan appeared out of nowhere and kissed Jess’ cheek.

“I forgot you two are already dating” Mandy said to herself and shuddered as she watched the two flirt right in front of her.

After a few seconds of waiting for them to stop Mandy decided to ditch them since it seemed they wouldn’t stop flirting anytime soon.

Mandy found herself sitting in one of the couches against the wall again and watched as drunks stumbled across the room. A weight settled next to her and Mandy had a bad feeling about it.

“How you doin’ perv?”

‘Oh shit’ Mandy turned to her side and lo and behold, Matthew was sitting there looking at her.

“I’m not a perv” Mandy said to him with a bit of irritation.

“You so are” Matthew edged her on and Mandy got a little more irritated.

“No I’m not” Mandy said flatly as they stared each other down.

“Yes you are” Matthew huffed and Mandy could smell the alcohol from his mouth.

Mandy’s irritation bypassed using words and they just stared heatedly at each other without saying anything.

“Hey man I’ve been looking for you!” Another guy arrived and he was about to tap Matthew on the shoulder to turn to him but he stumbled and ended up pushing Matthew forward instead. Mandy and Matthew’s eyes widened in panic before they were promptly pushed into each other and Mandy felt Matthew’s lips on her.

Mandy shrieked and quickly pushed Matthew away and ran. Behind her, Matthew looked dazed and out of it, he covered his mouth and turned to his tipsy friend who just got up from the ground.

“What?” His friend asked when Matthew just stared at him.

With the hand from his mouth Matthew slapped his friend’s head and walked away.

“Ow?!” His friend complained in confusion.

Mandy ran to the back porch and sat down beside the door while her heart thumped loudly inside her chest.

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!

Mandy touched her lips which was still moist and shuddered. She could smell from her own lips the alcohol from Matthew's mouth. Upon smelling that she immediately wiped her mouth vigorously in disgust. There was nothing more disgusting than another person's saliva for Mandy.

Even while shuddering at another person's saliva on her mouth she couldn't help but recall the faint perfume she smelled on Matthew earlier, it smelled nice, was Mandy's reasoning.

Mandy stayed there on the back porch for another hour, willing her heartbeat to forget about that stupid kiss. She only got up from the floor when Jess found her.

"What are you doing being all emo there?" Jess asked with a raised brow, her cheeks were flushed indicating that she already had her fair share of alcohol. Following just behind her is an equally flushed Ethan with mussed up hair. Mandy looked again at Jess and she didn't have the usual misty eyes when she gets drunk. She understood it immediately, they weren't flushed from drinking it was from making out.

"Nothing, how you doin' lovebirds?" Mandy asked as she stood up.

"Oh were doing great, right Ethan?" Jess smirked at Ethan and he flushed even more as he looked away. Mandy caught it all. Interesting.

But before Mandy could poke about it the door opned again and a drunk guy rushed out, stumbling and puked on the bushes.

"Eww! let's go inside" Jess pulled Mandy and Ethan inside the house hurriedly.

The night went by in a breeze. Mandy danced with Jess and Ethan on the dancefloor for some time. The two of them disappeared at some point and Mandy was left enjoying herself on the dancefloor, dancing without a care in the world and laughing at drunkards trying to dance.

There was a time, maybe at two in the morning when there were less people dancing and more people walking around feeling dizzy, when the dj played a slow song. Unusual, I know. Mandy thought that as well but didn't question it, it was calming and she was tired from moving and dancing all night long. She was about to go find some place to rest for a while before going home with Jess when someone caught her arm.

She looked up and it was none other than Matthew, flushed from drinking. Mandy raised her brow at him.

"May I?" Was Matthew's only answer as he extended his arm to her. Mandy knew he was pretty drunk from how he was slightly swaying on his feet and from the stronger smell of alcohol on him. In Mandy's tired and sleepy mind she didn't remember what happened between them before and just took his offered hand. Might as well get it over with. Was what Mandy thought at the time.

Matthew smiled at her and Mandy frowned. What is he smiling for?  Matthew held her hand and his other hand on her waist while Mandy's other hand went to his shoulder. Matthew started to sway them gently and Mandy lost track of her surroundings, it was only the two of them here.

They were the only ones dancing and the two of them didn't notice people watching then from the sides. It was only when they started to hoot and cheer did Matthew and Mandy become aware of them. Mandy woke up from her sleepy state and stopped abruptly, stared at Matthew who was looking at her with a slight smile and looked to the people around them, looked back at Matthew again and bolted out of there.

On the way out of the house Mandy spotted Jess and Matthew on the corridor and pulled them with her outside.

They finally stopped beside Jess' car and Mandy slumped on it.

"Wha-what was that?" Jess heaved propping herself on her car. Ethan on the other hand looked sick from suddenly running.

"Oh no-" Jess was only able to get out before Ethan emptied his stomach on her car's door.

Jess scrunched her nose at the sight but still rubbed Ethan's back.

"Sorry" Mandy apologized sheepishly as she got a water bottle inside the car and passed it to Jess.

"It's okay, fortunately it's not inside" Jess gave the water to Ethan so he could wash his mouth.