New location

(I know nothing about New Zealand and nothing about their slang so just bear with me please)
But also look at the meme found up top.

•Arin's POV•

•Arin's POV•

"Okay, we are here," mom announces as she pulls into the driveway.

I sigh in relief, "Oh thank God! I need a nap," I do, we had just recently spent about 12 hours flying from New Zealand to Los Angeles. I'm very jet-legged.

I get out of the car and run to the front porch. I try to open the door but realize that I don't have the key to this locked door.

My parents laugh as they come up to me, "we have one copy of the key because we haven't had time to make another one." my mother says as she unlocks the door.

As we walk in and I look around, the house is already furnished. We had paid people to do it for us while we are overseas. And they did a really good job with it.

I sigh and turn towards my parents who are standing behind me.

I kiss both my parents on their cheek, "I love you, if you need me I'll be in my room napping. So please don't need me," I tell while running upstairs to my room.

"DON'T SLEEP FOR TOO LONG OR YOULL STAY UP THE WHOLE NIGHT!" I hear from my dad downstairs.

"I KNOW!" I yell back. I already know that my sleep schedule is going to be messed up for these first couple of days. Due to the time zone changes and being jet-legged.

It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep, which is weird because I always have trouble the first night when sleeping in new beds. And I also can't take naps most of the time.

(a/n: here is why she moved to America. Her parents decided to move their company headquarters to America since it had better things to offer. I'm not going to focus on why they moved here since it's not important.)

"Arin wake up, you've got to eat dinner," my mother softly rubs the back of my shoulder.

I inhale through my nose and raise my head with my eyes squinting, and I nod to her, "give me a second."

"Okay just don't take too long or it'll get cold and you'll have to heat it up," mom says while walking out of my room.

"Got it," I tell them while giving a lazy thumbs up to her.

After like 3 minutes of gathering my sense, I eventually get out of bed and strode to the kitchen.

"There she is, how was your nap?" my dad asks with a smile plastered on his face.

"Good," I retort.

If you didn't know, I am not a morning person one soever. I have no filter in the mornings but the good thing is it doesn't take long for me to wake up.

"Are we planning on doing anything tomorrow?" I ask my parents.

"Well we were planning on touring the neighborhood a little," my dad replies.

"Can I please stay home? I need to catch up on sleep and finish decorating my room some," I ask mom.

I look at my mother with hopeful eyes and I clasp my hands together with my fingers intertwined together and bring them under my chin.

She is silent for a moment but then sighs, "I guess, and please stop looking at me like that. You look weird."

I undo my hands, "thank you so much."

"Yeah, yeah, just eat your food," she tells me with a light chuckle.

And so I did, as you can assume we are having a fancy dinner consisting of delivered pizza. And let me tell you, this cheese pizza tasted exquisite.

"Do you have any plans for the new school year coming up?" dad asks while we are cleaning up our mess.

I shrug, "I haven't thought about it. But just make friends and settle down, I guess."

He nods, "are you planning to start karate again?"

I stop and think for a moment, "I haven't thought about that either. But maybe, maybe not. However I wouldn't be against it if I do," to be honest, I haven't thought about making plans this year yet.

"That's good, I just want you to do something useful with your free time. And if you continued it would be healthy for you, mentally and physically. And you could protect yourself while doing it. Mostly from boys. Or girls if that's what you are into," he adds.

My parents are very open-minded people. They could care less about who you love or what you believe. All they care about is if it makes you happy or not.

Not to brag or anything but I got really lucky with my parents. They both are amazing.

I chuckle, "yeah you are right."

I put the last dirty plate into the dishwasher and then close it, not forgetting to turn it on.

(a/n: I know this is boring but just keep going. I'm solely writing this chapter for a little introduction about her. I also wrote it to help me start the actual plot more smoothly.)

"I'll be in my room now," with that I am already up the stairs and closing my bedroom door.

I have now chosen to decorate my room and sleep after since I want to do this and I'm not tired right now.

(this is what I would imagine it looks like):

It didn't take as long as you'd think it would

It didn't take as long as you'd think it would. The furniture was already in here. I simply put the finishing decorations and covers where they're supposed to go.

I don't know how long it took me to do all this since I forgot to check the time when I started but the time I finished is 12:35 AM.

I go to my bathroom and change into my pajamas and do my nighttime routine.

Yes, I have my very own bathroom.

I scroll threw social media and do random things on my phone for a little bit to get myself tired.

I soon feel my eyes getting heavy so I turn off my phone and plug it up into its charger.

After about 10 minutes, I fall into a deep sleep.