Chapter 3

3rd person's POV
It was the next day, and Marcy had already been up and ready, earlier than usual.

Her parents took notice of that, but didn't bother to question it, since they assumed she was just eager for school, and they drove her to school.

Once she had gotten there, she bid her parents a farewell as they drove off. Her attention was back to the large school building in front of her.

She would have to see Anne, soon, and that usually wouldn't have been a problem, but today it was different, way different.

Marcy sighed but made her way inside the building, once she was, she saw the bustling halls and looked around, slightly relieved that couldn't find Anne.

She stopped in front of her locker before entering the combination, and putting her backpack inside.

She was so distracted, she hadn't noticed the girl that had leant on the locker next to her, until she closed her own, and saw her out of the corner of her eye.

She jolted and turned to them, which only made the girl snort.

"Sasha, oh frog, you scared me."

The blonde raised her eyebrow before saying, "Yeah, well, that's payback for you not showing up at the party last night."

Marcy furrowed her brows in confusion, of course she had went to the party, that's all she could think about now, with what happened, but once she realized Sasha didn't know, she understood.

"Oh,"

"Oh? That's all you're gonna say, welp, I'm sure Anne would be more upset that you didn't show, I swear that girl is clingy with you."

Marcy's face slightly flushed but she ignored the comment and said, "I actually did go to the party... Uh, I guess you didn't see me."

Sasha looked unconvinced and said, "Really? Then why didn't I see you?"

"Uh... I was playing truth or dare,"

The blonde perked up at that and broke out into a grin, "What? You? Goody two shoes, never disobeying, shy, clumsy, Marcy Wu, played truth or dare?"

Marcy blushed in embarrassment and slightly shoved Sasha. "Don't make such a big deal out of it."

"No way, I'm gonna tell Anne about this, she'll be shocked."

Marcy went to open her mouth but soon closed it when she looked past Sasha and saw a brunette approaching them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Anne said and stopped next to them.

Sasha turned to her and sent her a slight smile, "Nothing much, just that Marcy here, actually did show up to the party! I seriously thought she bailed on us."

Anne's eyes flickered to Marcy, which made the girl more nervous than she should've been, before focusing back on Sasha.

"Oh, what? That's cool." She said, nonchalantly, which made Sasha frown in confusion.

"You... should be more excited about this... is there something I don't know?"

Marcy stared at Anne, and she didn't meet her gaze for a few seconds, but when she did, she barely noticed it since Anne was being so unreadable.

"Uh..."

The bell rang which saved Anne, as she sighed in relief, but still didn't meet Marcy's eyes.

Sasha glanced between the two with suspicious eyes, before Anne spoke, "Well, we better get going to class!"

"Agreed," Marcy said before quickly rushing off, and Anne going in the opposite direction, which left a confused Sasha behind.

"Why the hell are they acting so weird?"

To be continued...