Country Club

~ Ivory Routledge ~

"Ivory wake up!" My eyes opened slowly as my blurry vista on starts to peak open to JJ. "What do you want." I start to roll over again. "Vee! You have to wake up, we have to go to work!" He says Rolling me over again.  "God damnit! You could have warned me earlier!"

I rush and run straight into my room, I pull me clothes on aggressively and ran out the door to catch up to JJ slowly driving away as a joke. "JJ Stop!!"
I yell as I hear him giggling from inside the car.

"Come in cupcake" he says  "ya I was planning on it Jay, AND that was NOT funny!" I responded right before I slammed the door.

The rest of the car ride we basically just talked and laughed. Those were the best parts of the day. We finally arrived at the country club where all the arguments set place. Especially now that JJ works there with me. I get my waist apron on, grab a pad and pencil, and finally put my hair up.

A married couple comes in, "Hello, my names Ivory, what can I get you guys started with today?" I say confidently.  "I think we'll just start off with two waters." The older man says. "Okay, I'll be right back with those!" They say there thanks and I walk off.

"Hey Jay! Can I get two waters on table two!" I spat at him. "Yes ma'am you can!" He says. My head shoots over to the door as I here the bells ringing.  I see Topper, Kelce, and.. Rafe Cameron...

The one person I was really hoping not to run into today, "hey Jay...the death squads here.." I said. "Vee I'm busy you got this.." I grabbed the two waters from the counter and give them to the couple. I take their orders down on my pad and walk back up to the counter, clip it onto the line of orders and turn around. "Hey Ive" Rafe says. Ok come on Ivory, you got this. "What" I respond. "Geez, what's up your ass this morning?" He reply's. I didn't expect anything less from him. "I said, what do you want." I sounded really rude, but I didn't care. Kelce was the only half way nice person out of the trio. "I just wanted to say hi..." I interrupted him.. "ok you said it I'll be right with you guys. He walks away. I saw him whisper to his little minions.

Finally I dug up the courage to go take there orders. "Well hello Ivory." Rafe says. I turn to topper and Kelce who are on the other side of the table. "What can I get for everyone." I fake smile. "Service with an actual smile." I hear out of the corner of my ear. "I don't think I asked yo- you know what, I can't get fired, for the last time what can I get for all of you."

Kelce orders, then topper does, I asked once again to Rafe very rude, and let him off the hook and took his order. I walk up to the counter again to put the order on the clip and pick up the last order and give it to the couple. More people  start to show up, and it gets to be the end of my shift. Today, JJ works 3 more hours than me, so I decided to just go sit in the car.

20 minutes pass and I hear a knock at the window, it's Rafe. I roll my eyes at him and look back at my phone. This time he jumps on the roof of the car. I very quickly get out of the car, "RAFE! GET OFF MY CAR!!" I spat. He simply says "no"

Sometimes he can be such an ass. I roll my eyes once again step into the drivers seat of the car and switch the gear to drive. I hear him jump in the car as I put it back in park. He jumps in the passenger side. "Hello Ive" "Rafe, wh-" this time he cuts me off. "Before you say anything, can you drive me to Barry's."

Now, the only reason I know Barry is because he is like an older brother to me, sometimes. He still sells drugs to me, mostly cocaine and weed.

"I do need more coke.." I say. "I'll buy it for you." He smiles lightly. "Fine." I start driving away. I didn't know what to break the silence with so I took out my phone and hooked it up the my car, "play something" I said to Rafe while handing it to him. "You trust me with this he says while taking it from my hands. "No, there's just a cop driving by." I wave to him.

We finally arrive, he hops out of the car first. "Country cluuuhh!" He looks at the car as I get out and walk over to them. "Vee?" What are you two doing together, I though y'all hated one another." Pretty sure the only reason he knows that is because whenever we pass by each other at his house, I always flip him off or he flips me off. " are you guys.." I cut him off there, "ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT!!"

"Okay geez.." he says. Rafe then speaks up, "I wish."
I stare at him long and hard. "Okay, I was only kidding.." I really hope he was. That's nasty, and I just couldn't imagine it. I did however have a feeling deep inside..that he wasn't kidding. It was just my thoughts though..right?

We secure the drugs and I reach over and put them in the glove compartment, to do that I had to lean over, and lean onto Rafes knee. He sneaks his hand onto my hand. "Why hello Ivy, you seem awfully close to me for not being something."

I slowly take my hand off and go back to my seat. "Okay Rafe."