A Gift for Freedom

Freedom felt strange. She could feel the ground beneath her, but it didn't feel like regular ground. It felt more like scales.
"Did it work?"
"Yes. She's unconscious, but starting to wake up."
Freedom recognized the first voice. Luna, However, she had never heard the second voice before, which sounded like an icy wind.
She opened her eyes.
The sky was was bright blue. The air smelled fresh and sweet. And looking down at her was Luna.
"Hello, Freedom." She said. Luna looked mostly the same, but she was bigger.
"Luna?" Freedom asked. "What's going on?"
Luna smiled. "How do you feel?" She asked.
"I feel..." Freedom started, when she realized that, for the first time in over 5,000 years, she could touch things and actually feel them, with her own body.
"Hello, little one." The second voice said.
Freedom looked to the source of the voice and saw a massive face looking at her. It was clearly a dragon's, but this dragon was enormous. Then Freedom realized that both her and Luna were sitting in this dragon's front talons. "Woah!" Freedom sat up and looked at Luna. "Who is she?"
"This is Khoine," Luna said. "She's the reason why we're here."
"I would say it's actually because of Luna," Khoine said. "This whole thing was her idea."
Now Freedom was really confused. "Seriously, what's going on?"
"Khoine is an animus," Luna said. "One of the first ones, and also incredibly powerful. I asked her to resurrect you, so you could have an actual life."
Freedom sat still for a moment, then she flung her arms and wings around Luna. Luna folded her wings around the small dragon. Freedom looked up at her, tears in her eyes.
"Thank you," Freedom said through her tears. "Thank you so much."