The Scribble

Amaya's POV
I'm sitting alone, eating lunch. Not worried that I'm by myself, sometimes I kind of like it. I take the last bite of my sandwich and pull out my sketchbook and pencil. As I'm about to draw a perfect stroke on my page someone bumps into my arm and creates a random scribble on my page.
"Dang it!" I say with frustration.
"Oh my, I- I'm so sorry!" Someone says worriedly.
I look up and there's a boy with fluffy blonde hair, beautiful eyes, and the softest looking lips. After a long pause I finally snap back into reality.
"Oh sorry" I say.
"No I'm the one who's sorry, oh by the way I'm Dylan." He smiles
"Don't worry about it, I just started. I'm Amaya."
"That's a very pretty name. Do you mind if I sit here?" He says as he raises a brow.
"Thank you! And of course, sit!" I say with a smile.
He sits down with a little smirk, I giggle a little and pick up my pencil. I start sketching and he watches. So many people in this lunchroom to talk to and he chooses me to watch? I'm about done with my sketch so, I finish it off with a signature. He smiles and says "Wow! That's really good!"
"Oh no, it's really nothing." I giggle.
"What? What are you talking about?! You are so good!" He laughs
I smile and look back down at my paper.
"Uh Amaya-?" He gets interrupted by the bell.
"Uh yeah?" I say as I start to pack my things up.
"Oh nothing, never mind." He shook his head.
Okay! Bye then!" I smile and wave.
He smiles and gives me a small wave then walks away.Walking to my next class, I can't stop thinking about lunch, about Dylan... Something about it felt so different, so unique, so natural. It was unreal. I went through the whole day as normal except the moment in the lunchroom kept replaying in my head and new emotions that I've never felt were flowing through my body. Finally the last bell of the day rings, I get up and start heading to the buses, then all of sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and to my surprise it's Dylan.
"Oh hi!" I say with a shocked smile.
"Are you heading to the buses? He asks walking by my side.
"Yeah, I am! Are you?" I saying looking up at him.
"Yeah, what bus do you ride?" He replies
"Oh, I ride bus 30. You?" I say.
"Wait really? I do too!" He says in shock.
"Wow" I say in shock.
"Well.. since we ride the same bus, do you want to start walking to the bus together or start sitting by each other? If you're not sitting with anyone." He says while fidgeting with his hands.
"Yeah sure! To both actually." I say with a smirk.
"Okay!" He smiles and pats my back as we continue to walk.
We get to the bus and he let's me get on first and I sit in the seat I usually sit in and he sits next to me. I take out my sketchbook and he takes out his earbuds. He puts one in his ear and takes the other one and hands it to me. I look at it and he says "Here, take it."
I smile and say "Thanks"
He smiles and looks back down at my sketchbook as I do the same. We spend the whole bud ride listening to his music and him watching me sketch. Suddenly the bus makes a quick turn and I fall into Dylan. We lock eyes and we pause for a second. I take my hand off his shoulder quickly and say "Sorry"
"Oh no, it's fine. It's not your fault." He says nervously.
"Oh okay, sorry still." I say with a nervous chuckle.
The bus stops and he looks up.
"This is my stop. See you tomorrow!" He smiles and picks up his backpack and leaves.
"Bye." I say.
He starts walking towards his house, but then turns and waves at me as the bus starts to pull off. I smile and wave before the bus pulls off completely. We finally get to my stop and I get up and walk to my house. While studying I get a notification on my phone. Then before I can check I get another one. I reach for my phone and look at it. It's Dylan. He followed me on Instagram and DM'd me. I open up Instagram and follow him back. I start texting him back.

Dylan: Hey, I found ur insta. Hru?
Me: Oh hey! I'm good hbu?
Dylan: I'm pretty good! I really enjoyed hanging out with u @ school
Me: haha yeah same
Dylan. Well I hope you have a good night! See you @ school!
Me: Thanks have a good night too! See ya!