Chapter Eleven: "Family Meeting!"

"Got all my sistas with me..."
Hayvenhurst Mansion
Encino, CA
Mon 11 a.m.
Vanessa's POV

   I knew Michael's house was beautiful, but when we pulled into the gates of one of his childhood homes Hayvenhurst my breath was stolen. I've seen many beautiful homes; this one though tops the cake. Michael, parked his car he hopped out and opened the car door for me such a gentleman.  I smiled and placed my hand in his as I too hopped out of the car on to the driveway pavement.  At the front door greeted us was this beautiful short lady with blackish grey short curly hair she had the brightest smile she hugged Michael first then gave him a kiss on his cheek. I'm assuming this was his mother. She seemed sweet she came up to me I let her give me a hug, too not wanting to my first impression of me to be rude or unwelcoming.

   The lady led us inside the home I looked around at all the family photos, and amazing paintings this place is real at the same time unreal. We met the lady in the kitchen she was preparing the food for our gathering I wonder who all is going to show up and how big is Michael's family. I watch Michael go over, and help her without being asked to awh I smiled. 

   "Hi, I'm Vanessa Miller. I've worked with Michael for many years he's tremendous at what he does. I'm also his girlfriend." I announced with confidence in hopes of no rejection, or judgement.
Michael was mincing up some vegetable I don't think he had any idea of what I said. The lady turned around she greated me with a smile again.

"Nice to meet you, too Vanessa." Her voice was as soft as Michael's I see now where he got it from. She continued, " I'm Katherine Michael's mother."  My assumption was right that was his mom. She's pretty.  After we got done introducing ourselves to each other she returned to our meal. A little while later other family members showed up and introduced themselves. One of Michael's brothers Jeremaine and one of his sisters LaToya more started to come Tito, Jackie, Marlon, And Randy. Janet and Rebbie. The one thing that got me was his dad didn't show up not gonna lie it kinda eased my nerves a lot since Michael told me he was a tough nut to crack. Katherine, had finished up our meal and all of us headed towards the dining table.

   I loved seeing Michael with his family his mother sure did raise him right. He was so polite and generous to them whenever they needed anything like a napkin or to pass the salt. I could tell that family meant a lot to him. At my home growing up I could always tell when my dad was drunk, and my mother couldn't handle his verbal and physical abuse amymore we left. My dad didn't recieve a dime from us mom and I cut him off from our lives entirely. I don't know if my mother ever met somone new she'd probably tell me "Hell with men, Vanessa."  Or like "I just hope whoever comes along for you doesn't make you like me, and that he doesn't develop a drinking problem like your father."  I hope I'm making her proud by finding a good man like Michael. 

   After lunch one of his sisters came up to talk with me. Everyone in this house had somewhat of a soft tone of voice.  We talked for a good minute. I got to know a whole other side to Michael of where he came from who he was how he became who he is all sorts of things. I always thought he was a stuck up asshole who didn't have heart or loving bone in his body today I learned I was wrong I learned that his father when they were younger would abuse them but abused Michael more forced him to work instead of being a regular kid I learned that Michael's only childhood friends where his siblings. I learned that Michael grew up in the ghetto basically in a town called Gary, Indiana. Now I know not to just judge, and continue to keep that judgementation about someone. It opened up my mind, my heart, my soul, and much more to Michael. It was getting late, and everyone was beginning to head home we all gave each other goodbye hugs or see ya laters. Michael, had gathered up some leftovers and was putting the to go boxes in a plastic grocery bag.

   Katherine, had pulled me aside. Michael understood so he waited by the door for me. 

  "I can see the way he looks at you. Joesph, had the same look when he met me, and then we had like eight kids." Katherine chuckled. I chuckled as well.  

   "I'm sure we're not gonna have eight kids." I joked. She smiled.

   "Michael, is a good man. He works hard always trying to outdo himself I had to tell him slow down everything doesn't have to be perfect he's stubborn wouldn't listen to me. He makes me proud all he's accomplished over the years all my kids make me proud. I can tell your his weakness every man has one." Katherine said. I blushed a little then smiled.

   "I care about him a lot, Katherine." I say honestly looking at her. She nodded.

   "I know. I'm glad he met you he needs you. That last one didn't do any good for him...My bad." Katherine, apologized for metioning his ex I didn't mind it. I understood what she was trying to prove.

   We said our goodbyes I walked towards Michael standing at the door he waved at his mother. We walked to our unlocked it Michael placed our leftovers in the backseat I got in the passenger side he got in the driver's side he started the car. We drove home.