off camera chirps, cale makar

You were sitting in Rogers Arena after the Avs had swept the Oilers. You had been practically bouncing in your chair the entire time after Lehkonen scored the OT goal. All you wanted to do was run up to your boyfriend and give him the biggest kiss on the lips for playing so great. But you couldn't do that at the moment because you were on live television and had to do your job. You knew they had to interview somebody on the team, nobody told you, but you would be happy to talk to anybody right now.

"And Cale's down there with the headset, let's go to him right now," Liam introduced Cale and you playfully narrowed your eyes on the guys who were smirking. Your relationship with Cale never failed to be chirped by the other guys on the broadcast, every time he did an interview they always said something like, 'Alright we'll stop talking and let you talk to the one you really want to,' or the one that made Cale really blush was 'Cale, Y/N told me an interesting story about you the other day.'

"Cale, thanks you much for joining us really appreciate it, you've just been a dynamic force in the playoffs, what have you learned through this run about what it takes to get all the way to the Stanley Cup Final?" Liam talked to Cale through the microphone.

"Yeah, I think, uh," Cale's voice comes through to your ears making you bite down onto your lip to contain your smile. Everybody notices this and gives you a teasing look, Biz beside you, nudged you and wiggles his eyebrows, you step on his shoe. "Just for us as a group um I think it's just us trying to be resilient um making sure that every single night we bring that same game, regardless of weather it might be pretty or not. I feel like tonight we just need to get on top of everything but I feel we did good and got playing good."

Then Rick went with his question, "Cale, outstanding game, I know you get a lot of points and your defense is outstanding, Wayne Gretzky was talking about defense and he mentioned your name and how you can defend so well, tell us your mindset with defending."

"Uh yeah I think for us obviously this series you have two incredibly dynamic players in Mackinnon and Draisaitl," He messes up the name of McDavid and called him Mackinnon, you snicker a little at his mistake which Cale's ears picked up on. He smiled and awkwardly chuckled at his mistake while shaking his head, "I mean obviously uh Hyman and Hopkins," He corrected himself but still didn't bring up how he called Connor McDavid his teammates name. You definitely weren't going to let go of that either.

After Cale had finished Toc's question, it was your turn to talk to him. "Hi Cale," You smiled, not even bothering introducing yourself because you could hear him hum happily when your voice came through his ear. "Good job tonight, Cale. You were everywhere on this ice tonight and this night was basically the Cale Makar's defensive highlight reel," You complimented him knowing that his cheeks would go up into flames at it. And it exactly did, a sheepish smile grew onto his face and his cheeks went pinker.

"These wins for you and maybe that eventually big win, what will that mean to you?" You ask him, emphasizing the you part. As much as you loved Cale, during interviews he always directed the questions to be about his teammates and the group effect, and as much as you could you tried to get as much out of him because he was comfortable with you and knew that you had no ill intentions.

"Uh yeah it will be great for all of the team," He replied, knowing exactly what you were trying to do. "These wins have been amazing for us as a team and how we operate with our confidence and all that. We are all pumped for the next series, no matter who we play, and are looking forward to playing our best and know that we did play our best no matter that outcome."

You hum, "Thank you, Cale," You say with a little passive aggressiveness in your tone. He picks up on that and chuckles. You weren't getting anything out of him tonight.

After Biz question Liam wraps up the Post Game Show because the time was running out. "Alright Cale, we'll let you go and return your girlfriend to you soon," He jokes, making all of you chuckle including Cale. "Thanks so much for joining us and congratulations on a great game and a great playoffs so far, good luck on the final."

"Yeah, please, thank you," Cale chuckles before taking off the headset and walking back to the dressing room.

Back in the dressing room, every teammate was watching the broadcast on the TV in the room. It was commonly known and commonly chirped, on how flustered Cale became whenever you were the one talking to him. When Cale had to do an interview they all took a seat in their spot and watched Cale start stumbling and stammering because he was so enchanted by your voice.

Once Cale got back into the room, Nate came around and wrapped his arm around Cale's shoulder. "You called me McDavid, I'm honored really," He teased Cale, placing his hand on his chest in faux appreciation. Cale shoved Nate off of him mumbling, "Shut up," Before going to the showers with pink cheeks again.

After you guys had wrapped up the show and gotten all of the mics off you looked at your producer, "Am I all good here?" You ask him.

"Yeah you're good you can leave."

"Go to your man, Y/N!" One of them chirped. You walked out of the room with your middle finger high up, making all of them snicker.

You practically ran down to the ground level where the locker room was, You stop right outside when you see all of the WAGS still waiting for them to come out. You go up to each one of them and gave them a congratulatory hug.

Once all of the guys came filling out you kept a look out for your special defenseman.