Chapter 1

Skye Barton, a legacy, someone who had no name or birthday became someone huge, someone who would leave a mark on the world, someone who no one expected to become anything just because she was an orphan.

Clint Barton was born in Waverly, Iowa. At a young age he lost both of his parents in a car crash. His brother and him were sent to an orphanage known as St. Agnes where Skye was. While Barney was closed off, Clint met little Mary Sue Poots(Skye) who liked to be known as Skye because who in their right minds names a child that horrific name(the nuns at the orphanage, that's who.)

Clint grew attached to Skye and wanted to protect her at any costs. Especially after Skye came back from a foster home, her 20th one at that(she was only 5 for god's sake and she was moved around like a freaking football) and was immediately crying and untrusting of any boys or men to touch her accept Clint.

Clint later found out that the foster father(that she had been sent to for a whole freaking 3 months) had been sexually abusing her constantly until he sent her back like a used dish rag.

After six years in an orphanage, Clint and his brother Barney Barton ran away to join the Carson Carnival of Traveling Wonders. Though Clint also took Skye with him before she could be sent to her 22 foster home.

He was 15 at the time and Skye was 5. Clint soon got picked up by the local archer Emil who saw potential in the young boy.

Clint was taught archery and soon started doing shows with the man himself. He was well on his way to become the best archer in the world.

Whilst Skye, even as a young girl proved to be the best at knives and swords. She was also trained by Emil to be the best under his harsh tutelage Skye would become the best.

Barney couldn't take the harsh circus life and soon abandoned his two younger siblings leaving them in the clutches of the circus.

The two spent years learning under Emil much to the surprise of the other circus workers. Emil was known as the circus drunk, and when he was drunk he became violent.

When Clint, now known as Hawkeye was 17 and Skye now known as Riptide(her name was Anaklusmos but that's Greek for Riptide) at age 7 Clint accidentally killed Emil who had grown drunk and became very dangerous using his bow to almost kill Clint in his delirious rage.

Clint killed Emil out of self defence but he was arrested and a guy named Phil Coulson offered him a job at a spy agency known as Shield if he wanted the murder charges dropped.

Clint agreed obviously, though he never told Coulson he had a younger sister. He didn't want her to be into Shield until she was of age and could decide for herself.

By the time Clint was 21 he had been assigned to kill one Natalia Alianovna Romanova also known as the famous assassin Black Widow.

He made a different call and asked her to join Shield. He saw something in her that no one else could see.

Clint met a girl soon after named Laura, she was a beautiful agent known as agent 19. He fell in love with her and they soon got married, Laura retired when she first got pregnant with Cooper Barton, their first born son.

Years later Lila Barton was also welcomed into the mix.

Though before that happened Fury started up a program. A program to make agents into super powered individuals.

Leading this assignment was none other than his right hand woman Maria Hill(who would later become his deputy director.)

A few scientists worked hard on this project and Fury had his most trusted agents on this project only.