Chapter 4: Mischievous Ideas & Crushes

We all found ourselves gathered in the room that Harry and Ron's shared in Grimmauld Place. The wooden floor creaked when we had sat down on the dusty carpet.

The old people, meaning my parents and so, were talking about ministry business and we soon got the impression that us children were not really wanted during this meeting. So, we decided to head upstairs and hold our own meeting. Obviously we talked about similarly important things while eating Bertie Bott's Beans and some jelly slugs. The atmosphere was, despite everything going on, rather relaxed and enjoyable. We were talking about basically everything and anything, trying to forget about the severity of what was going on in our world.

I brushed my finger over the dusty carpet when Ginny spoke up. "That's where dad used to grow up? It is gruesome." She shuddered. Gritting my teeth, I nodded my head in confirmation. I drew in a deep breath a lifted my head, looking around in the room.

"I don't even want to imagine what it must have been like for him." Hermione answered, shaking her head. Neither did I. Dad had only told me a little about his childhood, but what he had told me still made a cool shiver run down my spine and the content of my stomach sour. It must have been hell, also judging by the way the dragon in the portrait downstairs treated us. She was awful even though both mum and I were Purebloods, but in her eyes —in my grandmother's eyes— we all were Bloodtraitors. I looked over at Harry since he hadn't participated in the conversation at all. My mouth formed a pout when my heart got a tiny crack. Harry seemed absentminded, staring at the wall behind me while picking on the skin around his nails. He was terribly pale and worry laced his features.

I wanted to cheet him up somehow.

"But then came your father and my dad could move in with him. James was his salvation in those dark times." I chirped and placed my hand on Harry's knee. I tried to snatch him back to reality. He also needed to forget about everything at least for a little bit. It was doing no good to him to always have to think about Voldemort and the war. Lifting his head, Harry gave me a weak smile in response before bowing his head and staring at the ground again.

"He really just ran away?" Ginny then questioned, leaning over Hermione's shoulder to look at me again. With a proud look on my face, I nodded and withdrew my gaze from Harry. "Yes. And later he escaped from Azkaban. He is a genius when it comes to escaping."

"Your mother is so lucky. I mean...erm, I mean...that she has him back, you know." Hermione whispered, smiling sheepishly at me. I grinned, wanting to open my mouth but Fred cut in, "I would say your father is a lucky guy. Have you seen Mathilda? She is gorgeous."

My gaze snapped to Fred. Colour bloomed high on his cheeks when George broke into a laughing fit next to his brother. My eyes went wide and I examined Fred, thinking about what he had just said. Then I started laughing. Loudly.

"He totally has a crush on your mum." George told me with a wink.

"In Salazar's name, I thought so. Oh my god, she is way too old for you and she has my dad. They are still engaged, just so you know." I rebuked, barely being able to stop myself from laughing again.

"She is not that old and she still looks super young and beautiful. But I am aware she has your father and I really don't want to get on his bad list."

I clutched my midriff, still chortling. "Okay, okay, I get it. My mum is stunning, but I think it is time to change the topic."

"Alright. What about our newest creation?" George announced, wiggling his brows. Ron snorted, giving his brothers a lop-sided grin. In the next moment George pulled a tiny box out of the pocket of his pants and placed it on the ground in the middle of our circle.

We all stared wide-eyed, anticipation and excitement bubbling inside of me. A special new invention from the Weasley twins always meant fun.

The moment Fred wanted to open the lid, the door opened and Waffle strutted inside, followed by Crookshanks. We all halted, inhaling deeply and thanking Godrick that none of the adults had caught us or the new mischievous invention.

My cat immediately came over to me and curled up in my lap. Crookshanks hopped onto the bed and lay down there. "Is Waffle female? Can they have cute babies?" Ginny questioned, grinning at me. I crinkled my nose, sniggering.

"Nope he is male which is sad, they would have had cute babies." I told her, pouting. "Right? They would have been so fluffy and cute." Both Ginny and Hermione chirped. Giggling, I nodded in agreement.

Wearing rebuking expressions on their faces, both Fred and George simultaneously clapped their hands to draw out attention back to them. "Ladies, concentration!"

"Sorry." I whispered, stroking through my pets fur who immediately started purring. Chuckling Fred shook his head and finally his twin opened the lid. An awful smell filled the room in an instant and he shut the lid again. "What do you think?"
"It is awful. Bloody disgusting! What is that?" Ron blurted out. I wrinkled my nose and held my breath, waiting for an answer.

"Stink bomb. We are planning to use it on Filch and his big love Dolores." Oh, I liked that.

"Brilliant." Both Harry and I cheered in unison and had to laugh loudly, turning my grinning face to Harry. Godrick, I was relieved that he laughed. The twins did some explaining concerning the stink bombs where they planned to place them and how exactly they were going to use them.

We all listened in awe and admiration, being impressed by their mischievous skills and talent for magic. We obviously needed to keep it a secret from our parents, although the constant giggling and chuckling during dinner might have given us away.

~~~~~~
I am not sure if anyone noticed, that's why I am writing it here: when Sirius ran away from home James and his parents took him in. And now, it's the other way around, Daisy and her family take Harry in (: