Chapter 268-271 With Love

On and Hong’s innocent faces that were looking at Cale turned toward Sir Rex. Hong seemed to be very shocked.

“He really is a baby! He doesn’t even know about berserk transformation!”
“That’s okay. He can learn like our youngest if he doesn’t know. He seems like an adult.”

On prevented her younger brother Hong from approaching Sir Rex with her front paw as she calmly answered back. Of course, Sir Rex just had a confused expression on his face as he had no idea what was going on.
Cale asked calmly, similar to how On had answered.

“Sir Rex, as a Cat, did you never look up any information on Beast people because you were curious?”
“There was no such information when I was in the slums and I had no time once I became a knight.”

There was no way for him to figure out that information when he was young because he was in the slums, and he could not do anything that stood out once he became a knight as he was planning for his revenge.

“Most importantly, I thought that it would be bad if they found out that I was a Cat.”

Pat.
Hong, who still managed to approach Rex, patted Rex’s foot in understanding, making Rex flinch and stiffen up with each pat. He didn’t know why he was subconsciously reacting like this.
For some odd reason, Sir Rex felt a bit afraid of these two Cats. He couldn’t explain why, but he sensed some sort of pressure coming from them.

However, On was watching him with an odd gaze in her eyes.

The Fog tribe was known for being the stealthiest tribe among the Cats.
For Cats, being the stealthiest meant that they were the strongest. Even within the Fog tribe, only a select few had special abilities.

On’s fog and her younger brother Hong’s poison were two of those special abilities.

On was a mutant Cat who had the blood of the ruler of the Fog tribe.
Her brother Hong was still innocent, but On was not that naive. Three years. It wasn’t a large age gap with her younger brother, however, On had taken her younger brother and escaped from the tribe that had thrown them away.
They ran away in January of the year that she had turned 10 years old. Spring of that same year was when she had met Cale.

On’s eyes looked over Sir Rex once more before turning back toward Cale. Cale saw On lifting her front paws up asking to be held and picked her up, even though this was not her usual tendency.

‘On’s grown quite a bit too.’

Cale wasn’t thinking about much as he picked On up and noticed her weight. He heard On’s calm voice in his ear.

“I’m stronger than Sir Rex.”

Cale suddenly flinched.
He had brought the kittens because he wanted Sir Rex to have people he could feel close to, as well as because it was nagging on his mind that he had left On and Hong behind last time.

But what was this little girl saying?

“Looks like I’ll be getting a new subordinate.”

Cale became anxious after hearing On’s casual comment.

‘Who? Sir Rex? The twelve-years-old On is going to have Sir Rex as a subordinate?’

Cale’s pupils shook for a moment.
On the other hand, On was happy that she might be able to help Cale.

Cale looked at On while On looked back at Cale.
The two exchanged glances.

On then smiled before swiftly jumping out of Cale’s arms and landing on the floor. She then gracefully walked away from Cale.