Chapter 4 Last

THIRD-PERSON POV

Jay couldn't stop his tears when Niyati told him about the card. His resilience broke, and he cried with Niyati in her arms.

Mr. and Mrs. Patel were feeling helpless looking at the condition of their son and daughter-in-law. Poorvi was crying badly in his brother's arms, not able to see the dead body of her niece. Ankit hugged her sister.

He could not see two of the strongest people crying in each other's arms. He couldn't believe that his precious doll was no more.

"We have to let her go, beta," Mr. Patel told his daughter-in-law in broken wise.
Somehow they managed to control Niyati, and all the gents went to the crematorium, where they were going to bury Aashvi.

Once everyone came back, the maid informed everyone present in the hall. No one was in the mood to eat, but they still went into the dining room. They knew if they didn't eat, Niyati would not eat anything.

Aashvi's special seat was empty today

Aashvi's special seat was empty today. Everyone could feel Niyati's sadness when she looked at Aashvi's chair. Niyat was not eating anything. Jay somehow made her eat, and he also ate something. Everyone was silent. After some time, Poorvi handed Niyati's medicine to her. Niyati shook her head in no. She didn't want anything. She only wanted her daughter.

Jay sighed and stood up from his place. "I'll make her eat," he told his sister. Jay picked her up and took her to their room. He made her sit on the bed and knelt in front of her.

"Niyati, please take your medicines," Jay pleaded, but she didn't listen to him

"Niyati, please take your medicines," Jay pleaded, but she didn't listen to him. Suddenly her eyes fell on Ashu's toys that were in their room. "It should have been me, Jay. I should have died instead of her. I want to die," she cried. Jay got furious at her words, "Are you mad, Niyati? We lost our daughter; I can't lose you too. Please don't ever say this. I beg you." 

Jay was breathing heavily and ran his hands through his hair. He had tears in his eyes. He can't even imagine losing Niyati.

Niyati just hugged him tightly, assuring him that she was here with him. She silently took her medicines, not wanting to upset him more. They both changed into comfortable clothes and lay on the bed. Suddenly Niyati said, "Jay unlock the door. Aashu may come in the middle of the night." Then she realized that her baby would not barge into the room in the middle of the night with her stuffies and push herself between her parents.

Niyati silently cried, and Jay clenched his jaw, not wanting to cry, but a traitorous tear left his eye.

That night both of them cried and tried to find solace in each other's arms. They wept to sleep, both of them mourning the death of their daughter.

The End