part two

I looked at my red wrist from Billy holding on too hard. It stung to the touch, but wasn't as bad as it has been in the past.

I watched as Nancy grabbed a cup and Steve made his way over to her. I did too, because she was going ham on the punch.

"Hey... Whoa, whoa! Hey... Whoa, whoa, whoa! Take it easy! Nance!" She looked over at him and shrugged.

"We're just being stupid teenagers for the night. Wasn't that the deal?" She got more to her cup and chugged it. Me and Steve made eye contact making my palms sweat and heart race. Nancy wiped her face and made her way into the crowd.

"Steve, let her have fun. It's a party, go have fun with her." He smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." He then left me and went to dance with Nancy. I never left the kitchen.

It was a good thirty minutes of them dancing, and Nancy was super drunk. She could barely stand up straight. She went for more punch but Steve grabbed her.

"No, no, no."

"Get off!"

"No, you've had enough, okay?" He told her.

"Screw you!" She pushed him away and scooped another drink.

"Nance, i'm serious. Hey. Hey. Hey. Stop. No, i'm serious." He grabbed the cup but she wouldn't let go. I went over to them to try and help, but I didn't wanna get in the way. "Put it down."

"No!"

They continued to fight and pull on the cup, until it dumped all over her white shirt. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over and watched as Nancy stormed off into the bathroom. Steve followed and I ran up to him.

I know I shouldn't have, but I wanted to make sure things didn't get heated and worse. I flipped off a kid who was staring and made eye contact with Steve as he closed the door. I slumped down the wall and took off my stupid headband, running my hand through my hair. I waited a few minutes until Steve came out of the bathroom slamming the door behind him.

"Steve, what happened?" I asked sitting up to catch up with him. He didn't turn around or even acknowledge me. "Steve Harrington!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him into an open room.

"What the hell?" He asked.

"Oh, get over it." I locked the door so no one would enter. "Listen, I want to know what happened there." I told him straight up, he looked upset like something serious happened.

"Why do you even care? You're new, and the only reason I talk to you as does Nancy is because you're new. So this is none of your business." I felt like something was stabbing me over and over as he poured those words out. I slapped him hard across the face.

"What the hell is your problem? I have no one, no one, and you think because you are the 'Steve Harrington' and you got into it with your girlfriend you can treat me like shit?" My eyes welled up and his face softened, like he realized what he had said. "Go to hell Harington."

I unlocked the door, and stormed out. He grabbed my hurt wrist,"Liz." I flinched back as a swell of pain went up my arm. I held it in my other hand and he noticed the red marks that swelled around it. He softly picked up my hand and looked it over.

"Liz, what is this?" He asked.

"Like you said, i'm new. Why do you care?" I yanked my hand away from him and wiped the tears from my cheeks. I ran and ran, and pushed through the crowd to find Billy. He was drinking more beer when I grabbed his arm.

"We need to go home." I urged.

He studied me,"what happened?"

"Nothing, let's just leave." I looked over and saw Steve standing on the porch watching me. Billy followed my gaze and his face hardened, his jaw set.