Fred Benson x Trans-male Reader ☁️

This is my third request! (I hope I wrote it well, I'm kind of worried about this one)

Also, is it just me or is it funny that Fred joins Nancy in searching for clues...Scooby-Doo anyone?

I was once again listening to the Stranger Things playlist 

Request: could you do somethin' fluffy with fred benson n a transmale reader : ]]

-------------------------------------------

You first met Fred during the newspaper club, you had just moved to Hawkins after some troubles in your old town. Your parents thought it was best for you to have a restart somewhere else, somewhere people wouldn't judge you. Ironically, they decided to move to a small town. 

Fred seemed different though, he didn't seem like he would care or judge you if he found out. You felt like you could trust him. It had been a while since you even entertained the idea to tell someone about you being trans. You decided you were going to tell him tonight. Maybe ask him if he wanted to go to a drive-in... you may or may not also like him. 

The way his glasses made him look so innocent and the way his hair flopped on his head, everything about him made you like him. 

"Hey Y/N, you ok?" he asked you. You were one of the only people at the club that he wasn't rude to, it made you feel special. 

"Yeah," your voice cracking a bit, you had just started testosterone injections. You were happy that your parents finally agreed to it, it was one step closer to you feeling like you should. "Just got lost in thought I guess," you explain. 

He smiles at you, "I wanted to ask you a question."

You got back to what you were doing before you got distracted, putting together tomorrow's paper, "sure, what's up?" 

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the drive-in," he looked really nervous, "they're showing The Goonies, I know how much you like that movie." You couldn't believe he remembered that, you told him that months ago. He's not wrong though, you had a huge crush on Josh Brolin. 

"I was gonna ask you that!" You say shocked and very happy.

"Great!" His eyes lighting up, "the only thing is I don't have a car-"

You cut him off, "I do! I have a car," you blush a bit, thinking you sounded very eager. "I can take you if you want..." you trail off. 

He just smiles and nods his head. You both get back to work, finding it very hard to focus. 

---Time skip to after the club is over---

You and Fred walked out of school, heading to your car since the showing was a bit after the club ended. You had a Ford Pinto, it was orange, the only color they seemed to have. You noticed that Fred seemed a bit nervous to get in the car. "Hey Fred," he looked at you, "I'm a good driver ok, I got a 95 on the test." That seemed to calm him a bit. 

As he was opening the door he said, "I trust you, it's just, I don't have the best experience with cars." He seemed like he was holding something back, but it wasn't any of your business so you let him be. 

"Well, if you ever get nervous, just let me know," you sat down in your seat before you could see his reaction, but you hoped he was smiling. 

The drive there wasn't awkward, but it also wasn't not awkward if you get what I'm saying. You had a plan, you would tell Fred that you liked him, and depending on how he takes that news, you would tell him about you being trans. You understood that everything you were going to tell him wasn't accepted by majority of Hawkins, you probably wouldn't be accepted for years and years in the future. All of that aside, you really hoped you and Fred could be something. Go on dates, tell each other anything, and just be there for one another. 

You eventually got tired of the silence, the radio could only do so much, "so, Fred, have you ever seen The Goonies?" It was the first question you could think of, ok!

"I- um- well...no."

"WHAT!" he jumps and you quickly apologize, "sorry, but this is your first time seeing it! It's one of my top 5 movies." If you didn't have to keep your eyes on the road, you would be staring him down, questioning all of his life choices. 

"I've never really felt like watching it," he responded back. 

"Well, we're changing that today," you smiled at him. "And, we're here! Let's see if we can find a good spot." Luckily for the two of you, there was the perfect spot near the back. You were running a bit late because of the club so the movie was just about to start.

"Perfect timing," he says, looking at you. 

"Yeah," you say, smiling back. "Since I've seen the beginning before I'll go get the snacks, what do you like?"

"Sour patch kids, I can go with you if you want," he offers.

"It's ok, you'll miss the beginning if you go now," you reassure him. 

"Alright," he relents, "just don't get lost." His glasses slip off his nose a bit, causing him to push them back. He is so cute.

"I promise not to get lost," you smirk. "Be right back," you say as you exit the car. You head to the snack station, getting popcorn, sour patch kids, and y/f/c. (A/N: I sadly am allergic to popcorn.) On your way back you notice the movie is at the part where Data enters Mickey's house. You can't wait to see Fred's reaction to the movie. 

"Hey, I'm back," you say as you open the door. 

"Let me help," he grabs the candy from your hands, leaving you with the popcorn. "I can pay you back," he offers, starting to grab his wallet. You put your hand on his, stopping his movements. You then notice how close the two of you are, your lips just centimeters from his. You are breathing the same air. You so desperately want to kiss him, but he probably doesn't want to kiss you. Especially since you're a guy, kissing him would just ruin your friendship, you'd become a town pariah. 

However you notice him glancing down at your lips, giving you some hope that he likes you too. 

"Can I kiss you Y/N?" You don't even answer him, all you do is press your lips against his. When you part, smiles are spread across both of your faces. 

"I think you got your answer," you whisper to him. 

"I think I did too," he smiles back.

This is the moment, you think, this is the perfect time to tell him. So you do, you explain to him the reason that your family moved to Hawkins. You weren't accepted at your old school, you were getting bullied everyday, so your parents decided to move. The people in your hometown thought that it was wrong to be trans, leaving you with physical and emotional scars. Your own friends turned against you, but your family still loved you. "If you no longer like me-"

"Why wouldn't I still like you? Nothing about you has changed, you're still Y/N. The one I'm starting to fall in love with," he looks down when saying this. He's not even looking at you, too embarrassed by his caring and thoughtful words. 

All you can do is smile at him, happy he accepted you when so many people in your life turned their back on you for the same thing. 

You can happily say that The Goonies is now your #1 favorite movie