CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: STEVE'S POV

STEVE'S POV OF CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: A WAY HOME

I'd never heard anyone complain as much as my sister had on this bike ride, it was to the point where I was going over little bumps just to piss her off even more.

She shouldn't even be here with us, she should be with Dustin and Max, where it's safe. Where I know she won't get hurt. But she's here, in this absolutely gross dimension that should not exist.

"Steve, you're doing it on purpose!" Eve yelled at me as I went particularly fast over another vine. She was still holding on tight, and to be honest this bike was hard enough to ride with one person, let alone a personal alarm on the front of it.

"We're almost there!" Eddie called back, turning into a little area - I'd never been here before, and by the looks of it, no one else had either.

"Jesus," Eve whispered as I pushed up the hill. She was leaning back as much as she could - she was trying to make it harder for me.

What the hell?

"You're an ass," I painted to her as we made it up the slope, turning into the trailer park.

As soon as the bike had slowed down, my sister was jumping off, turning to send me a glare. Too bad the only people frightened of her these days was middle school kids. The glare did nothing to me, or my worry, or my self esteem... nothing at all.

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most miles travelled inter-dimensionally," Robin panted from next to me, but my eyes stayed in my sister.

Two can play the glaring game.

"Or loudest bike journey," i jabbed, still glaring at her. She shook her head at that.

"That shit hurt!" Eve argued with me, making me roll my eyes. I mean, this kid can be hit by lightning and get up like it's nothing, but a couple bumpy roads and suddenly she's a wounded soldier? Not on.

"You were being a baby!" I argued back.

"A baby? You went over every bump you could find!" She shouted, and I was gonna protest, but she was right. At the end of the day, she had been getting in my nerves for the last day or so - I mean, I get it, high stress situation, but I want her to actually listen to me every once in a while. The sooner she realises she's not invincible, the better.

"Guys! Stop!" Nancy yelled at us then, making me turn to her quickly. Even when she was angry she looked gorgeous.

I moved on. She's with Johnathan, and she's happy. I moved on.

"Not now. We have to go." Nancy continued to scold like a mother - that was attractive...

I moved on... and I just learned something about myself.

I followed behind Eve as she walked behind Eddie into his trailer, the place where Chrissy had died. And, would you look at that, my sisters a genius.

There's a gate on my ceiling.

Only problem is, it's covered in a bunch of weird, gunky shit that could be spider webs, or could be mucus, I really didn't feel like finding out.