Kento Nanami x Reader

Prompt: Night Peril

For background, your cursed technique is called Soul Puppet. No, this is not my original idea, I got this from Strawberry on desired reality amino. This description fully belongs to them.

your the puppeteer and their the puppet. You need to do is that you will have to pass a "string" on their body and their soul is for you to manipulate or just stab them while tending ur cursed Technique. Then boom, your the puppeteer. 

You use a knife attached to a string as your weapon. 

Anyways, enjoy!

___________

Still, and quiet. I mustn't be seen. I hear the pitter patter of feet all along the cursed area. Above me, beside me, below me. This place will drive the average person mad. 

Proof; Michiaki Akria, he was seen walking through this area to try and get to work faster. He didn't show up to work, and was missing for four days before he was found, paranoid out of his mind and slobbering like a wild animal. 

Saeko Yua, she was a middle school student who took that path everyday to school. Suddenly, she didn't show up for weeks before being found. She was on the brink of death, and has since recovered. Though she hasn't spoken or looked at a single person since her recovery. 

Anyhow, the only thing that matters is finding the thing that caused it. Suddenly, the pattering stopped. I turned and saw stairs. A tall lanky shadow began approaching in the moon light. A string sprung from my finger tip and reached into my back pocket for my knife. Without question, I sprung into action with my knife flying behind me. When I reached the end of the corridor the silhouette was emerging from the shadows, just about to run past, or to me. With that in mind I swung my knife and extended the string. There appeared a man with blonde hair, a suit and goggles. My heart sunk as my knife flew through the air at him. I jumped away whilst pulling the string back. By a mere atom I was able to avoid killing this man. But now, what do I do? Before I could think further I stumbled on my feet. When I looked closer, the man was just as surprised as I was. I couldn't help but sigh. 'Great, a clueless idiot exploring some creepy place and I  have to deal with it.' "Excuse me sir. Would you please evacuate the area-" "Listen, I don't know who you think you are, but I'm on a job, so your the one who needs to leave." He demanded with a stern frown. I growled, this is rather chafing. To be put lightly.

I sighed, "I wasn't asking. Leave this to the professionals sir-" Then, I felt it. He radiated cursed energy. Was he... A jujutsu sorcerer? "Oh. My apologies." He began, "I hadn't realized before hand. Your a Jujutsu sorcerer correct?" He asked, I nodded. "Yeah, and you are as well?" He nodded. There was silence. And for good reason. My stomach churned when a sludgy, disgusting cursed spirit started approaching. It was mutated, and had two heads and 7 eyes. It's arms looked like melting wax, in my disgust, I yelled. "Watch it!" I flew my weapon at the spirit, the string and blade swishing through the air, my cursed energy trailing with it. The cursed spirit is slow so this should be easy. my blade went straight through the cursed spirit, like liquid. My heart lept into my throat, until...

It shrieked. My cursed energy reached just at the right moment. But it was merely stunned. Using my free hand, and produced strings from all of my fingers and wrapped the spirit in them, exorcising it at last. 

'Wait, that can't be right.' I thought, as the cursed spirit faded into nothingness. "No. That's not right." my mind was tailored. "That..." I stumbled on my own words. "That is a low class curse! There's no way it could cause this much damage!" I was in disbelief, there is no way that that curse is what caused those innocent people to turn crazy. The man looked at me, before he started approaching. "Your quite right this isn't over, but first;" he paused before stepping right in front of me and sticking out his hand. "I'm Kento Nanami." His face was clearer now. He has a sharp jawline, and very defined cheek bones, his face remained stoic and serious. I took his hand. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." through the goggles, I saw his eyes widen the slightest bit. "I thought I recognized that technique."  I released the grip on Nanami's hand, "What do you mean?" "Well, you've gained quite the reputation for your work." Nanami answered. To be honest, I was a bit shocked. Me? Having a reputation of any sort seemed so strange to me. "That's news to me."

"Well since our work isn't finished, why don't we set up a time to investigate the matter?" He handed me a business card. I took it and put it in my pocket with a light glance. "Sounds good, I'll give you a call." I smiled out of politeness. 

Me and Nanami split our ways. It was strange, meeting him. It's just so out of the blue. But that cursed spirit. the thought of that till sends shivers down my spine. That low grade curse, these damages. No. Way. In.

Hell