Enraged Revenge - Part 2

Marcus sat in his chambers, upon the chair usually occupied Bella when she would read. It had been weeks since she had even spared him a little affection. He was beside himself and he was hating himself for feeling so weak without her around. He was also worried because he had heard of her fight with Caius. Perhaps she would come to him after such a fight, but alas after a few hours had passed he fell into the slump he was currently in. Staring at the bookcase, stock still as a statue since he couldn't decide on anything to read. He felt forlorn once again as the mating bond dwindled between them. He was dressed in a long black tunic with a deep v neck and matching loose fitting trousers that cinched above the ankle. He was barefoot as to feel the hard, unforgiving marble underneath himself. He needed it to anchor himself in the moment, it was easy to get lost in your mind as a vampire as old as he.

He actually flinched when the door burst open and a head of auburn hair stormed inside. She was clad in a tight fitting leather halter top and matching pants that had stitching on the outside of her legs that revealed a line of skin all the way up the side of her body. She looked like a thing of his dreams. He blinked as she made her way to him before she suddenly leapt up and wrapped herself around his body. Marcus' response was immediate, catching her by her hips in his large hands. Bella was slightly out of breath...the sweet scent of her washing over him. Her doe eyes were hooded and slightly glassy from her now clearly drunken state. Bella bit her lower lip as she didn't want to ruin the moment. Before her gaze flicked down to his lips and the bond suddenly flared to life and they both gasped as the ache in their chests flared violently. Marcus felt venom pool in his eyes however as he remembered she was in a fight with his brother.

"No, you think after weeks of ignoring me you can just come in here and throw yourself into my arms?" He set her down gently despite his clear upset in his tone.

Bella whimpered slightly at the loss of contact and his harsh words.

"I just thought..."

"You thought wrong. You are my mate...well maybe not since the bond hasn't been sealed...Maybe this was a fluke...I've never seen polyamorous vampires work out so why would it now?" Marcus didn't understand why he was being so dismissive and negative about this...

He was hurt.

He had missed her so much during the last couple weeks and he knew deep down that was the real reason he was dismissing her until suddenly Bella slammed her hand over her mouth and rushed away from him to the bathroom in his quarters. He felt worry course through him and he followed her to be met with the door slamming and locking. Marcus leaned his forehead against the mahogany wood and sighed. Bella began to retch into the toilet, her stomach rolling and twisting awfully. Her lower abdomen started to ache and then turn into a violent stabbing pain. She cried out in reaction, one hand flew to her belly and the other to clutch the cold rim of the toilet seat. Bella felt tears slip and fall down her face and she felt a deluge of liquid between her legs that accompanied another stab of pain and she groaned in response.

Marcus immediately grew incredibly worried, his throat was tight and he was wringing his hands before he tried to open the door handle. It didn't budge and he heard her release a sharper cry at the same time.

"Bella! Please, are you alright? Is it just from the alcohol?" He felt powerless and clueless. He was beginning to actually shake.

Bella grew a cold sweat all over her body and she began to peel the leather outfit off of her body as she fought through the stabbing and aching pain in her abdomen. She groaned and whined as she tried to stay quiet so Marcus didn't worry so much but it was close to impossible. She managed to get the pants off and slid the glass door to the walk in shower open. She managed to drag herself into it and slid her hand down her abdomen...and found a clump of bloody tissue with a large amount of blood still coming out of her. Bella felt her jaw drop and she felt tears come to her eyes as she realized what this meant. But it had only been a couple weeks...how was she pregnant? Well...not pregnant anymore. Bella felt her chest ache now too and tears poured down her cheeks and sobs left her. She curled up into a ball and laid there as she felt the pain of the loss of Caius'...their child.

Marcus smelt the blood and thought maybe this was just a really bad time of the month for her but he nonetheless managed to pull the door open off the hinges just as Caius and Aro entered his chambers. Bella cried a little softer as they entered the large bathroom and she tried to cower into the furthest corner of the shower. Marcus stepped up to the door and felt his soul leave his body. He hadn't seen this much blood spilt in a while. Her scent was excruciatingly tempting but he held his own as he was more focused on making sure his mate was okay. He already felt incredible guilt for his prior words and would do his best to make it up to her. He kneeled down by the shower and slid open the glass door.

"Isabella...darling, I'm so sorry, please come here. We need to get you medical attention..." He spoke softly but enough so she could hear him of course.

"N-no...I...I lost our child...my little blip...I had no idea...I-I w-wouldn't have drank...This is all my fault..." She sobbed and sniffled as she never let her hands leave her stomach.

Marcus felt his chest clench everytime she cried, sniffled, or showed any sign of pain. He felt powerless and clueless again and he hated feeling this was so much lately. He was supposed to be a leader...by damn will he not do right now.

Caius was feeling even more guilt than he could possibly imagine. Afterall, it was his child. He felt awful for their fight and even worse because of her potential loss of child. He was going to be a father...was. He felt numb to it but at the same time all of the pain in the world. It made his chest burn like the thousand hot suns of his transformation. He felt venom pool in his eyes and he whimpered and turned away from Bella but remained hovering nearby outside the shower. He couldn't bear to see those eyes of hers...so non judgemental; and forgiving. All he deserved was her wrath not her angelic qualities.

Bella sobbed harder as another wave of pain crashed over her and caused her to press against her abdomen in an attempt to still the pain. Marcus moved closer to her in the shower and she tried to press herself further back into the corner of the wall. He managed to reach her and pull her into his arms where she broke down into a full fit of tears and shaking. He felt his heart throb from the way she broke down so horribly in his arms. Aro was pulling his cell phone out and dialing the only Doctor he trusted with something so sensitive and personal as this.

Carlisle Cullen.