Chapter 20

Dereks POV

"Well...I think that...er...ugh, fine. I knew that one day something would go wrong." Bethanys face instantly lost color. I stopped and looked at her for a second and decided to continue.

"And I found out that something wrong IS going to happen..." Before I get to go on Bethany speaks.

"Wait...what do you mean something wrong IS going to happen?! Is it me? I'm sor-"

"No no no! Beth, babe, it's not you! Don't worry." She seems to have calmed down a bit more.

"Okay, then continue." Her eyes look worried and sympathetic, I can't stand it. I take a deep breathe and continue.

"Beth...I'm moving." I feel tears building, but I choke them down before they get a chance to fall.

"Moving? Y-You're moving?" He voice is soft and gentle, but that could only mean one thing, she doesn't understand.

"Yeah, I'm moving..."

"What do you mean...moving?" She doesn't believe the fact that I'm moving. And I wish I didn't have to believe it too.

"My parents found a better job...except it's in a different state. Everything is already figured out, I'm already enrolled in a new high school, our house is already picked out and everything." I sigh deeply thinking about where I'm going and what I'm leaving behind...Bethany. Bethanys eyes have a fresh layer of tears that overflow and roll on her cheeks. She looks down and wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. I hate this. I HATE this! I move towards her and hug her, but she doesn't hug back.

"I-I can't believe you're actually leaving...there has to be a mistake. You can't just leave in the middle of school! Derek this is not real!" I release her and she stands up looking frustrated, her eyes are red and there are tears falling quickly.

"Bethany I kno-" 

"No Derek! You don't! You can get any girl you want, and when I finally get the one guy I truly love, he LEAVES!" I stare at her, shocked, unable to speak. She stands there for a few seconds then collapses in tears. She runs out of the room and I run after her. I don't bother shouting because I can't manage to talk. When I get downstairs the front door is already opened. I run outside and look left to right and I see her, leaning against a tree. She's hugging her knees and her face is covered with her arms. I walk slowly towards her, and I can hear her sobs. 

"Bethany" I whisper her name, trying not to startle her. 

"I'm sorry" She talks without looking up.

"There is no need to apologize" I sit down next to her and wrap my arm around her waist. She snuggles up to me with her head on my chest and her arms around my waist. We sit there for a while, I try to comfort her by stroking her cheek (which is all wet) like she does to me. 

"Can't you live on your own? Get an apartment somewhere...maybe we could even be roommates!" I laugh at her thought, but, it could actually be a good one! But, my parents. Would they let me go? 

"That could be something...would your parents let you though?" I look at her. Her face looks concentrated, thinking about the answer. 

"Well, if I say it's for you, then I guess..." I smile. Her parents would let her move in with me, it's a good feeling knowing that you have your girlfriends' parents approval. 

"Okay then...if we want this dream to become a reality, we have one week to make it happen." Her face turns back into sad. I regret saying it, but it will lead us into something better. I lift her chin up with my finger and inch closer to her face.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll make this work." Her eyes search mine, looking for answers. 

"B-But...what if it doesn't? We'll be miles apart!" She bursts into tears and soon I realize I do the same thing. The warm tears roll slowly on my cheeks then hit the ground. I look down, embarrassed that I cried in front of my girlfriend. She brushes her thumb under my eye, wiping away new fallen tears. 

"Sorry..." 

"Sorry for what? Crying? Derek, there's nothing to be ashamed of." I take in every word she says, that's why I love her. She doesn't look at me like I'm something to be ashamed of. She takes me for a human being, not a perfect dream guy. I love her. I hug her tightly, letting all my tears flow onto her shirt, I'm not afraid to cry in front of her. She hugs me back, but I don't feel her tears on my back. She gave me her strength, strength to cry? Crying takes bravery, not cowardice. She pulls away from the hug, and so do I. I stare deep into her eyes until she wipes away the the tears on my cheeks. I pull her in for a kiss. If our plan to move in with each other doesn't work, I will never be able to feel the familiar warmth of her lips against mine. Even though we still have a week together, a week to figure things out, it will go by in a matter of minutes. She kisses me back passionately. We pull apart at the same time and press our foreheads against each others, sharing a breathe. I stand up offering her my hand, she takes it with a weak grin. Once she's up, I pull her into my side. My arm resting on her shoulder and her arm wrapped around my waist. We walk around the neighborhood, without saying anything to each other. The lonely kind of silence, even though we have each other. I look down at her, her eyes wonder off to places I will never see.

"Beth?"

"Yeah."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

Our lips connect and we share this special moment together.

She is mine, and I am hers.

———————————————————————————-

:'( Tears am i right? yeah its emotional....Do you think it will get better? if so tell me your answers! I'm open to opinions! Thanx so much for everything guys!ILY stay tuned!

xoxo