24

Olivia Reyes

Tuesday. Week-off.

I woke up to a text from Lando the next day, telling me that he would be gone during the morning to run some errands and get to a meeting he had with a brand he had a partnership with. My anxious head threatened to start spinning just minutes after I had woken up, realizing I hadn't had a photoshoot with any of my partnerships or sponsors so far in the season.

Gianna had told me since the beginning how delicate the situation was with my sponsors. They were threatening to pull out since the start of the season, it couldn't be a surprise to realize they had paused using me for their products or advertisements, but it still felt like a bucket of cold water dumped on me.

Getting appointments for photoshoots and advertisements from my sponsors would definitely signal that this stunt was working. The fact that Lando was still getting booked by his didn't tell us much. Even with the imminent threat of getting dropped by several of his sponsors, he was still winning races and earning points. Therefore, they still currently benefitted loads from using him —regardless of how happy his sponsors were with him.

I tried to shake the thoughts off my mind and commit myself to think positively. I desperately wanted to go outside and take a walk, but I had yet to be told by Gianna if I was allowed to leave Lando's place without him. It was ridiculous, but she always had an annoyingly perfect reason for every action and every restriction. After all, she was the marketing expert between us, and even Davies knew better than to contradict her.

I could already anticipate the urge for a run that would be taking over me if I didn't get some fresh air soon, but still, I tried to keep myself positive. Lando wasn't home, this was my week off, and the guest room's bed was so comfortable I could cry.

I stretched myself under the covers and decided to sleep a little longer before taking a shower and going downstairs for breakfast.

Charles Leclerc: How was the first day at the devil's cave?

Olivia Reyes: Not bad. His roommate is super nice, but I still get creeped out by their black cat. So... adorably scary.

Charles Leclerc: My God. Of course he has a black cat. I know they're supposed to be bad luck but is there any chance they're also the reason for extreme asshole-ness and dickhead-ness?

Charles: I must admit though, good thing you're being forced to deal with one of your superstitions.

Olivia: Hahaha, maybe there is. Also, shut up. I have enough being-forced-to-deal-with things, tbh. Never thought a black cat would be the least pressing matter.

I stared at my phone for a whole minute while rinsing the breakfast plates after I finished eating. My brows furrowed.

Olivia: You good?

Charles: Is everything okay over there?

Olivia: Charles, you don't have to worry about it. I was just making a joke about the situation, you know? Coping with humor and shit?

Charles: Why don't we go out before your meeting? It's still a couple of hours away, isn't it? Or why don't I meet you at his place?

I checked the time, the meeting was still three hours away and Lando probably wouldn't come back until then, but I could feel Gianna's voice echoing inside my head. Being seen in public with Charles could put the stunt at risk while being so close to a milestone of the marketing strategy —the Vogue photoshoot. On the other hand, him being seen entering Lando's place without him here and leaving before he came back would be even worse.