Light At The End of the Tunnel ≫ Brick x Drpressed! Female! Reader (PART TWO)

Art: Velociras

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Themes of depression
• Depiction of a severe anxiety attack
• Some angst

****

The worn-out blanket felt like steel on your back as you lay curled up underneath it, desperately trying to tune out the sounds of your own mind. Things had been getting worse lately, and you couldn't figure out why. No one in BloodClan — except for Brick — was making a solid effort to include you, and your savior had been gone for a few days. You didn't know where he was for sure, but you figured he was going through one of his phases where he wandered aimlessly for a few days and then came back. It wouldn't be the first time, but you desperately wished he was with you.

You shivered and buried yourself deeper in the worn red fabric as a cold drop of rain found it's way inside of your hiding spot and onto your exposed tail. It had rained for days now, and it was beginning to make you wish you were anywhere else. You hated the cold wetness bad weather brought with it, and your desire to get out of your own mind and this forsaken city only made your attitude towards it worse.

You continued crying, your chest beginning to shudder as the pace of your breathing quickened. You didn't want to be here. The warm blanket suddenly seemed suffocating, and you scrambled desperately out of it and out of the rain, pelting for the street at the end of the alley. You needed to get away. You didn't know where you were going, but that didn't matter to you anymore. Brick probably wasn't coming back— he had given up on you like everybody else.

You clumsily rounded a corner, paws slipping on the wet concrete. You wanted to disappear, to sink into the ground and never resurface. It would be better that way. Suddenly, a familiar reddish-brown tom stepped in front of you, his amber eyes darkened with concern. "Whoa there, doll-face. What's goin' on?"

"B-Brick?" You stammered painfully, beginning to wheeze.

"That's right, sugar. In the flesh." You couldn't even speak anymore, so you just plopped down in a defeated way and kept desperately fighting for any amount of oxygen you could get. Brick cocked his head off to one side and studied you for a moment. "Hey," He meowed slowly after a moment of watching you suffer. "Take it easy, alright? Ya gotta take it easy, doll-face. Follow my lead." He then proceeded to take in a long, slow breath in through his nose, then let it out for several seconds from his mouth. You straightened up, inhaling sharply before exhaling a cloud of smoke from the cold air.

"Atta girl," Brick meowed, watching you breathe. "Just like that. In through ya nose, and out through ya mouth. Nice 'n easy." You kept breathing for what seemed like an eternity, until your heartbeat slowed to a steady thump and your head stopped spinning.

"Sorry," You breathed. "Thanks for helping me."

Brick chuckled lightly. "No need to apologize, doll-face. It happens sometimes. Hell, even happens to me once in awhile." He took another good long look at you before continuing. "You, uh... Ya wanna tell me what this was all about? Cats don't usually just get up 'n run off into the street, y'know."

"I know," You muttered, slightly embarrassed. "I just got thinking, and I guess it got a little out of control. Maybe if I had stopped and thought for a second, none of this would've happened." You sighed, allowing your head to lower. "Sometimes, I don't know what to do with myself."

A brief silence filled the gap between you, then Brick spoke up again. "Everyone feels that way, (Y/N). Ya just gotta keep pushin' forward. Life gets tough, but you're tougher. How else do ya think ya survived this long here? Only the strongest make it in the city."

You managed a weak half-smile. "Thanks. I don't know what I'd do without you, Brick."

"Probably a lot 'a stuff," Brick replied nonchalantly. "The only difference I make is the pep talks." You chuckled, looking up into his deep eyes. He looked back, and for a moment, you found yourself lost. Despite his gruesome injuries, you still considered him an attractive cat. Suddenly, you felt a bit insecure.

He probably doesn't feel the same about me.

As if reading your thoughts, Brick's gaze softened and he took a step towards you. "Ya beautiful, (Y/N). Inside 'n out. So beautiful, the most cruel cat could fall for ya smile." Your ears burned at his words, and you were certain your nose was the same color as the blanket you slept under.

"Thank you," You whispered. "that means everything to me." Brick chuckled, then rested his tail and your back and began walking you to your old mattress with your old red blanket.

"Goodnight doll-face," He meowed as you got settled in. "I'll be right here beside ya." You just smiled as he settled down beside you under the blanket, scooting over so he was pressed up against you.

I might not be very happy with myself, You thought as you began to drift away into sleep. But at least I'll always have him.

****

Brick is awesome. Change my mind.

This is a sequel to my other Brick one-shot. (Obviously) This cat is seriously underrated, and we definitely need more of him everywhere!

Comments and votes are greatly appreciated. No pressure, just a friendly suggestion