two

chan wasn't present in the school next day which worried changbin. chan had left early in the morning without informing changbin and the latter couldn't help but worry about his situation after seeing his absence at school.

 he pulled out his phone from his back pocket and immediately called chan. the ring went on for a while but he didn't get any response. sighing changbin slid his phone in his backpocket and made his way towards his first class. his eyes remained on the floor while he passed the certain girls who always threw themselves on chan. 

"why didn't he come to school today?" one of them asked the other in her high pitched crying tone which made changbin gulp. he had no idea why he suddenly felt so nervous. he stumbled on his foot and ended up on the floor making the bunch of girls look over at him.

"is that you dumbhead?" said one of them and ushered over to the boy, others quick to follow her. 

changbin pushed himself back on his feet and nervously looked around. he bowed as an apology and was about run all his way over to the class when the girl who called him dumbhead grabbed his wrist.

 "do not leave while i'm talking." she gritted and yanked his hands away. changbin frowned and refrained himself from glaring at her ; he didn't want to give them another reason to pick on him.

"aish, he makes me feel disgusted." one of them wearing a pink cardigan muttered and walked away. changbin's eyes dropped to the ground and he bowed again, hoping they would leave him alone.

"where's chan?" the one who had called him dumbhead, asked making changbin look at her for a while. he didn't know what to say when he himself had no idea about the reason chan was absent.

"i don't know." he quietly muttered, trying his best not to laugh at the girl standing in front of him.

 her name was yuri. she was wearing bright pink slippers instead of shoes. it looked funny to changbin.

"aish!" the girl screamed when she noticed the boy's lip curling into a smile,"do you find this funny?" she grabbed his hair harshly and pushed him back.

changbin rubbed the spot where she had mercilessly pulled his hair as tears blurred his eyes. he was tired of the humiliation he had to face every day.

"i'm asking again." she dramatically breathed,"where is chan?"

"i told you already!" changbin exclaimed,"i don't know!"

"aren't you his best friend?" one of the other girls asked.

"shut it." yuri laughed hysterically,"chan would never go so low. he can do much better than making this dumbhead his best friend."

"you're right!" the other girls nodded their head in agreement.