two.

WILLOW ISADORA STEPHEN

ATLANTA, GA
SPRING 2022.

WILLOW LAUGHED WATCHING Remy emerge from the doors of the county jail, her hair tied up in a sloppy ponytail as she held a miserable glare on her face, a bag withholding her jewelry, phone, and other belongings in it, a police officer right behind her as she drug herself to the front of the county. "Girl, you look like a damn mess!"

"I need a good shower, I'm sore as hell," she grumbled scratching her head roughly as she followed Willow out of the jail right into the parking lot where Willow's Infiniti was parked.

"What even happened? You ain't say shit on the phone but pick me up my bail $650."  Willow half laughed clicking the unlock symbol on her key remote.

"Man—"

"Aw and my grandma mad as hell," Willow noted, "and she said you can pay her her bail money back in your rent next month!"

Remy's lips parted as she got in the car side eyeing her niece, "Willow, why the fuck you get the bail money from my mama?!"

Willow looked at her before pursing her lips as she pushed the push to stop button to start the car, rolling the windows all the way down, "who else was I supposed to get it from, Remy? My mama? Cause she said let yo ass stay in there and I got bills on bills to pay, you shoulda called Maceo ass if you wanted somebody to pay besides grandma—or Latrell broke ass!"

"Bitchhh, not too much on my man,"

"The man who gave you Trichomoniasis and Syphilis?" Willow recanted to a week ago at the clinic. "Aw, I forgot y'all burnin' together so you cool with it."

"Willow," Remy sighed heavily as Willow started to back out of the parking lot, "I had a long day bitch, I don't need you and my mama attitude." She mumbled closing her sure placing her feet at what the dashboard.

"What I wanna know is, what happened?" Willow responded. "And you gone tell me cause I just drove all the way out here and gas is damn near seven dollars—so get to talkin!"

"You remember when you taught me how to kick the door in? You learned it in basic trainin?" Remy trailed off, Willow side eyeing her as she drove down the dark lowly populated Atlanta streets.

"Bruh, what da fuck you went and did dat shit fo?!" Willow asked scrunching her nose. "I taught you how to do that cause we kept gettin' locked out the downstairs door when we lived inna partments!"

"And I got locked out of Maceo house and I was tryna get my keys n' shit out his crib! He was trippin' cause he seen me and my man was still talkin! And he gettin' mad pumpin' yo his chest and shit and he put me out and locked me out so I busted up in his shit!" She paused her voice heavy and rushed. "Hellyoutammat."