ninety-nine rose quartz

I don't know if this is considered a sin, but I fell for Kiro while I am in a relationship. And they were friends.

Kiro and Ethan. The latter is my boyfriend for six long years. He's been there through my lowest of lows and had been present in every important occasion in my life. He's loved by my family; he gives bouquet of roses to Mom, had night talks with Dad, bonds with my two other siblings, and is loved by our dogs.

And Kiro, he's the opposite of it all. I've known him for only a couple of months, and yet, he's been running through my mind. His gleaming eyes, bright aura, sunny smiles. If sunshine was a person, Kiro would be the one.

If only I wasn't in love with the night, I would've chosen the sunlight.

Contrary to Kiro, Ethan's eyes were dark but glistening with what seems like stars. He emits a peaceful aura, similar to that of a starry night. He was cold, yet so calming to hug. Ethan was the epitome of night and comfort.

With him, I feel most at ease.

He's perfect. There were times that I doubted if I was really deserving of all his love, because despite knowing that I once laid my eyes upon his best friend, he remained holding my hands and caressing them as if I was his greatest treasure.

"Ethan, it's my utmost pleasure to say I do to you. Always will. I found compassion in your heart, and in your soul, I found my other half. It's you, Ethan. It has always been you," I held his hand tighter as I say my wedding vows for him.

"I vow to always be with you, come what may, because if I were asked to choose between you and a thousand of rose quartz, I'd choose you. Always."

Rose quartz, the symbol of unconditional love for many. But for me, Ethan is unconditional love himself.

Why would I choose a crystal of unconditional love, if I have Ethan, my very own rose quartz.