THE RESPONSE

"Hey, love."

I was taken back when I heard someone calling me. I only realized who it was when he stopped in front of me.

"H-Hart. You're done playing?"

I handed him the bottled water and wiped his sweat.

"Yeah," he coldly said. "I've been calling you many times, but it seems that your mind isn't here."

I looked away. "I-I'm sorry, Hart."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Let's go! "

It's been 5 years since that day happened.

I can't stop myself from smiling. Seeing my man, patiently waiting in front of the altar.

The moment my parents and I reached the middle, he was already walking toward me. He held my hand and encircled it in his left arm.

"It's been years, and I still can't believe it. What made you walk towards me? Instead of him?"

I was stunned. He's talking about his friend, named Hart.

"You hit differently."

"W-What?" His forehead furrowed. "Are you serious?"

"I am." I smiled. "When I was a kid, I always prayed before going to sleep to have a man who could be with me for the rest of my life."

"You chose me because you think I am that man?"

I nodded.

"What about Hart? I know you love him. You can't be together for years if you don't love each other."

"That was the time I hadn't seen your worth." I honestly said. "I prayed to God for a man, not a boy. You're with me from the beginning, and it hits differently. You never leave my side, unlike him... he's only with me when it's convenient for him. That is when I told myself, you're the man God has given me."

He smiled. "Thank you, Arabella, my love."

He is Anathoth, The Response to My Prayers.

THE END