The Horrible Birthday Surprise

CHAPTER INFO:

Inspired by @JuicyFruity39 's story on FanFiction.net! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8488792/1/Speak-Now

This chapter is very similar to the plot on the original story so sorry if most of the writing sounds exactly the same as the original. Stealing work is not my intention!

Cross-posted on FanFiction.Net.

Rating: K+ or T (PG/PG-13) for mentions of alcohol and kissing. No major content warnings.

・CORA JACKSON・

"Here you go," I gave a red plastic cup filled with punch, to yet, another person who I have never seen before. Seriously, since when did Percy have this many friends?

Today was my older brother Percy's 23rd birthday (who was 11 years older than me) and I was in charge of setting up the entire party for the guests. Percy calls the guests "friends," but I thought differently when I saw a strong-looking, stringy-haired brunette woman who was looking for Percy and yelling, "Where's the punk?" earlier this evening.

I poured myself a cup of Dr. Pepper and sighed, bored. I really wanted to spend some time with my brother right now, but he was probably taken by that she-devil.

The she-devil's name is Drew Tanaka. Drew is Percy's girlfriend and I hate her. By hate, I mean loathe.

When she's with Percy she always acts loving and kind, but it's all an act. I once heard her talking to one of her friends on the phone about how bratty and annoying I was, I "accidentally" pushed her and broke one of her favorite glass decorations. At first, her face was priceless, but two seconds later, she screamed and tried to chase me down in her too-high-stilettos. It was so goddamn hilarious that I cackled all day.

But of course, all good things have to come to an end after Percy was enraged when he found out what I did to his precious jewel.

That was one of the reasons why I hate her, but the main reason was that she practically steals Percy away from me. All I want is brother-sister bonding time, but every time Percy and I were going to spend some quality time, Drew just barges in and takes him away. When I was younger, Percy and I would spend a lot of time together. Watching The Little Mermaid eating blue candy, going to the aquarium together, and getting blue cotton candy at the carnival (yes, we're obsessed with blue food). Now, all of that is gone because of Drew.

Drew was tearing Percy and me apart.

"Cora, don't I get a drink?"

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and saw my brother's lifelong best friend, 23-year-old Luke Castellan, standing in front of me.

"Oh hey, Luke," I poured a cup of beer for Luke and smirked. "Where's your girlfriend? I made sure I invited her. By the way, how long have you been dating Thalia?" Since I was in charge of sending out the invitations, I triple-checked to make sure that the awesome Pinecone Face was invited (inside joke). Of course, I "accidentally" threw Drew's party invitation away. Oops.

"Thalia's coming later since she has last-minute work or something." He looked me right in the eyes. "And we have been dating for 2 weeks and 1 day."

I raised an eyebrow. "New record, huh?"

Thalia was Luke's 2 weeks and 1-day long girlfriend, which was the longest relationship Luke has ever been in during his pathetic life. Yes, Luke is a player, but his peak was in high school. He has calmed way down now.

"Anyways, where's Drew?" he asked nonchalantly. I glared at him and slapped his arm. A few of the party guests looked our way weirdly. "OW," he rubbed his arm, "And Cora, that hatred you have towards Drew is just getting pathetic."