BONUS - One shot part 1 - 'Paint It Red'

Rated M for sexual content. 

I absolutely LOVED writing this for you. Rebecca and Alan, Ellie and Willow still live in my mind and so I wanted to put this one shot together for you to enjoy, 1) to read a little more of Alan as a father and 2) because you enjoyed the steamy chemistry he and Rebecca shared. 

This one shot ended up being so long that I split it into two parts. I am still working on the second part which I hope to share with you by the end of the week. 

Massive thanks to everyone who has read my new Alan fic, 'Summer of 1964' so far and especially those who were skeptical about reading about an 18 year old Alan but have commented or messaged to say they're enjoying it and were surprised, I'm so glad! 

Votes and comments mean a lot. It helps me to know what you like and what you'd like more of. Thank you! <3

.....................................

Defeated, I eye the strewn clothes over my bedroom floor. It looks as if the room spun several times and threw up the contents of my wardrobe. Nothing to wear. I should have planned this weeks ago - I should have done a lot of things weeks ago. I plonk down on the side of the bed, eyes settling on a black top that's forgivingly baggy. Maybe I'll wear that. 6pm. Alan will be here in two hours and I still have to do the whole caboodle - makeup, hair, jump in the shower.

"Emma...?" I call. Emma, who has kindly offered to stay the night to take care of Ellie and Willow sticks her head around the door comically. I hold up the black top.

"Is this too mumsy?"

She presses her mouth together, swaying her hands side to side.

"I mean it's awl-right darling but sexier...sexier!...go sexier."

"I've forgotten how that feels."

"Oh pish tosh. Nonsense." She comes over to investigate the discarded heap and pulls out a deep red dress.

"How about this one? This is lovely." One look at my expression and she puts it down and picks up another. "Very classy...nice neckline..." she holds it against me. "I mean this..." she tilts her head in the manner of a fashionista. "This'll make your boobs look fabulous."

She presses me to try it on again and sings it's praises. It was probably the better out of the bunch, I decide, twisting this way and that in the mirror. Emma sees me eyeing my backside for the fifth time and tuts loudly.

"Oh for heaven's sake," she laughs, "Your bum looks great! If you think yours looks awful then mine must look like bloody brail."

We laugh stupidly. At this moment Ellie comes bounding through in her Mickey Mouse pyjamas and throws herself into the pile of clothes on the bed. She's five now, growing up so fast, impossibly cute and has me and Alan wrapped round her little pinky.

She pushes herself up and starts jumping up and down in the pile with her hands in the air. She's swept into my arms with a playful growl, giggling and crunching her tummy under my tickling hands. "It's your bedtime soon."

"Five more minutes," she says holding five spread little fingers.

I look to Emma who smiles, just as whipped. "Whipped like pudding!"

"Ok five more minutes and then it's time to settle down."

Emma and I gather the clothes on the bed, taking our eyes off Ellie for one moment in which time she has decided to use a bra as a helmet. She holds it under the chin by the straps.