Uncertain Fears ≫ Ravenpaw x Female! Apprentice! Reader

Art: ElectricMongoose

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some angst

****

You were woken up to the sound of thunder outside. Letting out a soft groan, you sat up and blinked the sleep from your eyes. It was still dark outside, causing you to become annoyed. Why did you always wake up before you were ready?

You sat up and began licking your chest to smooth out your fur, but another sound caught your attention. It was a quiet whimpering, pitiful and frightened. Concerned, you began surveying the silhouettes of your sleeping denmates to figure out who was making the sounds of distress. Your gaze landed on Ravenpaw, who was curled into a tight ball in the back of the den, his flank trembling as he dreamed. You sighed softly, your heart breaking a little. Ravenpaw had been your friend since you first opened your eyes, and it never failed to hurt you to see him suffering.

Creeping past Firepaw and Graypaw, you made your way over to your distressed friend's nest and carefully settled down beside him. "It's alright," You whispered, touching your nose to his tear-stained cheek. "you're safe, Ravenpaw. I'm right here." His whimpering slowly became scarcer, then fell into silence soon after. You smiled and rose back to your paws with the intention of returning to your nest.

"Don't leave, (Y/N). Please."
You turned around to see Ravenpaw had woken up at was staring at you through weary amber eyes.

You smiled. "Okay. I won't leave." You laid back down next to him, twining your tails together. "Did you have another nightmare?" You asked gently. Ravenpaw just nodded slowly, murmuring a sad "mhm". You sighed, leaning over and touching your nose to his ear in a reassuring way. "I'm sorry, Ravenpaw. What was it about?"

He shuddered, as if an ice-cold wind had overcome him, which it hadn't. "I don't want to talk about it." You watched him for a moment, noticing how the dark shadows of pain clouded his tired eyes. There was something there, something worse than a simple bad dream. You wanted to keep pushing him for answers, but the haunted look on his face made you feel bad for even thinking about doing that.

"Okay," You meowed. "I respect that. Will you at least tell me what I can do to help?"

"There's nothing you can do, (Y/N). It would only hurt you to know." You were beyond confused now. What could Ravenpaw have possibly seen that would put you in harm's way? You felt defeated. You wanted to help your friend more than anything else, but you didn't know where to start. It was frustrating.

"I don't know what's happened," You began with a patient sigh. "but I do know that it will be alright in the end. Do you remember when Graypaw got his nose stung by a bee?"

Ravenpaw chuckled. "Yeah. It was swollen for like, two moons."

"Exactly," You purred, thinking back fondly on the time of the incident. "But it eventually went back to normal, and it didn't hurt anymore. Don't you think the same thing will happen with everything bad eventually?"

Ravenpaw looked unsure. "I guess."

You smiled and flicked his flank with your tail. "Everything will be fine, mouse-brain. I promise. It always is." Ravenpaw smiled back, but an aura of uncertainty still seemed to linger around him.

"I trust you, (Y/N). Thank you." He yawned, then settled back down and gazed up at you. "Will you stay with me? I think I would sleep better if you did."

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." You promised, settling down beside him and resting your chin on your paws. "Goodnight, Ravenpaw."

Ravenpaw smiled. "Goodnight, (Y/N)." Then, his breathing slowed and he began snoring softly. You watched him for a moment, your mind racing. You hadn't wanted to say anything about it, but you couldn't shake a lingering feeling of dread. Something terrible had clearly happened. You didn't know what it was, but you knew it was bad. You laid your head down and closed your eyes, even though you were certain you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

StarClan help us, You prayed to your ancestors. Something awful has happened in ThunderClan...

****

Ravenpaw is a precious baby, and he must be protected at all costs. Tigerclaw is such a jerk.

I'm not sure if I'll publish anything else tonight, but that's not set in stone. I wrote so much yesterday that my wrists are sore xD