Attack on The Tree of Voices

*Italics= Na'vi Language or Jake's Narration of the Story

The next morning, everything was peaceful and perfect. I was asleep in Jake's arms. Our position had changed, with him behind me, arm draped over my side and my head on his arm like a pillow. His head gently resting on mine. Until I felt I shooting pain through my soul. I gasped and opened my eyes quickly, hearing the sounds of beeping, meaning RDA machinery was close. The pain stung again, even worse this time and I screamed in pain.

I got up quickly and looked behind us to see through the trees were giant bulldozers coming straight for us. Tearing down any trees in their path. The pain was the worst I had ever felt and I sobbed seeing the Ancient Trees of Voices being torn down. I looked back down at Jake's peaceful sleeping body and began to shake him desperately with one hand while the other clutched my stomach.

    "Jake!" I cried out through my tears. "Ma Jake, please! Wake up!"

    "Don't forget your phase interrogation." Norm said to human Jake as he climbed into the pod, preparing the monitors himself to link back to his Avatar. "No, no, the middle button." He explained as he wheelied himself in Jake's wheel chair.

    "Jake!" Grace called out to him. "You gotta eat something." She walked around the corner with a plate and a glass for him.

    "Yeah, there ya go." Norm nodded.

    "Jake! Jake, Wake up! Jake, please." I continued to cry for him, but it was clear he wasn't coming too any time soon. The bulldozers were approaching and I wasn't about to let them run him over. So I stood up and wrapped my arms under his and began to pull him backwards with me.

    "Don't make me force feed a cripple." Grace chuckled alongside Jake and Norm.

    "Grace, I don't want... Hey!" Jake protested as she shut down the pod machine. He wanted nothing more than to return to his body and get back to me.

Trees began to fall around us and I grunted, bending down in pain and a tree fell, nearly falling onto Jake's legs. I pulled with all the strength I had in me trying to get him to safety.

Jake sat on the pod and scarfed down the scrambled eggs Grace had made him. She chuckled watching him eat.

There was a large trunk on the ground and I forced myself over it first, before reaching back down and grabbing Jake's arm, pulling his body as hard as I could up towards mine. If he didn't wake up soon. We were both going to be dead. The bulldozers approached closer and closer, knocking down everything in their path. I panicked seeing the machines coming, but even more so seeing the Ampsuits, carrying large guns and soldiers walking alongside them on the ground.

    "Jake, Jake. Please!" I hissed as I grabbed his belt and pulled.

Jake swallowed down the milk and handed the plate and cup back to Grace. Norm began setting up the link monitors again.

    "Here, I'm done." Jake said quickly. "Let's go."

    "And when was the last time you took a shower?" Grace asked as he laid down in the pod. She lifted his shirt and scrunched her nose.

    "I don't need a shower!"

    "Jesus, Marine." Grace rolled her eyes at his impatience.

He quickly covered himself with the metal machinery and started to close the pod.

    "JAKE!" I screamed desperately. "Jake, wake up! Jake! Wake up!" I cried. I shook him hard and his eyes finally opened.

He looked up at me confused until he saw a tree falling behind us. Quickly, he stood to his feet and pulled me behind him, moving us off to the side as the tree fell. He left me and ran forward towards the large machine and my eyes widened. He jumped up and down waving his arms in the air.    
    "Hey!" He shouted, trying to gain their attention. "Stop! Stop!"