Chapter 37

Sofia's POV

Isolating myself feels like the only option right now. With New Years approaching and the days moving slow, nothing really makes sense to me. Devin is officially a missing person. My stomach is killing me. I just need to relax.

Right now I'm sitting on a park bench with Rue feeding the geese, both of us exhausted from the days before. Fez has been sending me flowers, showing up at weird times, asking me if I'm alright... But he disappears at weird times too. Something about this situation doesn't feel right.

I haven't been able to focus all week. There are so many missing pieces to the puzzle with so little ways on figuring shit out. I knew that if I ever wanted to get closure that I would have to start moving differently. I had to think outside of the box.

"Have you seen Devin around?" I ask casually, trying to make some type of conversation. It was all that I could think about at the moment. "No... You really think he's missing?" she asks.

There was a brief silence, her being the only one who truly knows the majority of things he put me through.

"Sometimes I think maybe he ghosted me without an explanation" I admit, looking away. "Apart of me wants to believe that he would just forgive me. Then I remember how I never forgave him..." I trail off. She stops to look at me, putting down the container of oats.

"You know... if Fezco makes you happy, I see no real issues in letting yourself move on. Your family might not support your decision, but... I mean if he's a missing person then what are you gon-" "Alright Rue not too much" I say, shaking my head with a smile. This is no laughing matter.

What if Devin is actually dead or something?

"I've never seen him ghost you before" she mentions, picking at her shoelace. "Neither have I. Plus, his mom doesn't know where he is either. Something feels off..." I begin to zone out. Suddenly I got an idea.

"I could let it go until he decides to show his face again.... Or...." I begin. Rue raises her eyebrow, waiting for me to continue my sentence. "Or.... what?" she presses me. I stand up straight, grabbing my water bottle. "I actually have something to take care of right now. Meet up later?" I ask, already stepping off. "Yeah, later I guess?" she says, watching me from the park bench.

____________________

"Miss Blackwell, hey... I'm here to pick up some of my stuff. No word from Devin yet." I tell her honestly, walking through the door. "Of course, I'm glad you stopped by today. I haven't heard from him all week honey I'm really starting to think something might have happened." she says, her voice cracking a bit.

"Hey... don't say that, he could be back any time now." I reassure her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I hope" she mumbles coldly. It was quiet, almost uncomfortable. "Me too" I added, disappearing upstairs into his room shortly afterwards.

I began investigating his dresser immediately, looking for anything that could be out of place or maybe even a clue to where he could be. Details are always important. He left behind his phone charger and his bed wasn't even made.

I opened up his dresser to see... a bra?

Excuse me ??

Oh thats literally my bra.
Nevermind.

Anyway, digging through his personal belongings- I stumble across his laptop. Bingo. I grab a few outfits of mine from his closet, using the clothes to cover up the laptop and making my way back downstairs.

I kept conversations with his mother to a minimum, just trying my best to get out the door unnoticed. I realized that the laptop fit inside of my bookbag, so I made the move while she was using the bathroom. If he wont tell me where he is, I'm just gonna have to figure it out myself.

____________________

You ever retrieve somebody else data from their iCloud & it makes you sick? You finally get your hands on those messages they swore they weren't sending to other people.

Cassie Howard.

I found a whole thread of messages and spent 10 minutes unraveling over a year worth of bullshit. Pictures of them hanging out together, sexy paragraphs (ew) and even her big ass milk jugs hanging out all over the screen.

Cassie knew damn well that she had no business doing what she was doing. Just wait until Maddy sees this shit. Instead of slamming the laptop shut, I decided to investigate even further. Just how far did this slut go?

Cassie: She can never find out Dev shes literally my bestfriends sister

I found even more messages of them texting right after our vacation where he told her that we were officially back in a relationship... that they couldn't have SEX anymore.

I sent the last picture of her naked body to my own email, shaking my head. I will be printing these out and mailing them directly to your mother ms.bitch 😁 I thought to myself.

The affair dated all the way back to the middle of our relationship. This infuriated me. Devin was no stranger to cheating, but with her?

And she agreed to do the shit ??

All of this while we were together of course.
All connected to his iCloud.
Linked to his phone.
Now lets find the actual device.

My heart dropped to my ass when I realized that Cassie wasn't the only thing on my plate.

The last place Devin's phone was located is at Fezco's house.

__________
𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣