Chapter 4

Mikasa opened her eyes and felt skull splitting pain in her head. As the girl looked around to her surroundings, noticed that she was laying on her side in a wooden cabin. It took the girl a moment before she realized what was happening and saw two familiar men in the room.

"Hey. Are you sure she'll actually sell? We even went and killed her parents before running off with her..." One of the men said as he dropped an axe to the floor.

"Take a look at her face." Another one replied to him

Mikasa began squirming on the floor as she heard this, trying to convince herself that this was just some sort of terrible dream. She was then kicked in the stomach and rolled onto her back. One of the kidnappers then analyzed the girl's melancholic face, "Looks nice, but she's still just a kid. She ain't for me. She's also moves too much, may be feisty like her mother."

"I'm not asking about your tastes." One of the men angrily replied, "She's an 'Oriental' There used to be different types of humans, you see. Long ago, some people fled a place called the Orient and sought refuge inside the walls. She's the last descendant of that clan. We're gonna take her to the underground market in the capital and auction her off to those old perverts. All the other Orientals have died out, so she'll go for a pretty hefty price."

Mikasa felt a lump in her throat  as she was reliving all of this trauma again. She thought that it was all over with already. Hadn't she suffered enough loss when her parents were brutally killed?

Suddenly, the front door to the cabin creaked open and a child's voice cried out, "E-excuse me..."

One of the kidnappers quickly ran to the door as it was being opened and yelled out, "Hold it, kid! How did you find this place?!"

Mikasa turned her head to the kid at the door to see a brunette boy with emerald and wearing a red scarf. The girl was relieved to see them and excitedly whispered to herself, "Eren!"

The brown haired boy had tears in his eyes and was shivering. He sniffled as he quietly said, "Err, uhh... I got lost in the forest, and then, umm, I saw a cabin, so..."

The man looked back to his comrade in the room and for a signal of what to do. Afterward he told the boy, "You know kids shouldn't wander around the forest all alone. Scary wolves live in the forest, you know. But there's nothing to worry about now. We'll be happy to take you..."

The man's sentence was then abruptly cut off. However, instead of dropping to the floor dead, he was grabbing Eren's wrist and preventing the boy from stabbing him. The kidnapper then coldly laughed, "Hehe! Nice try kid, but unlike you I was not born last week."

The man tightened his grip around Eren's wrist, causing the knife to fall out of his hand. The kidnapper then viciously threw the young brunette into the room.

"EREN!" Mikasa desperately cried out as she saw him get flung.

Eren fearfully backed up in the room before backing into one of the other kidnappers. The man then kicked the emerald eyed boy in the face, causing blood to spew from out of his nose. The two men then stood over the defenseless boy and began to ruthlessly stomp him out.

Mikasa could do little more than helplessly watch as her friend was being beaten within an inch of his life. Tears began to well in her opal eyes as her savior was being mercilessly attacked.

Finally, the kidnappers stopped as Eren's breathing grew weak and his face completely unrecognizable. One of the men then picked up the axe on the floor and stood over the wounded boy. He then smiled uncontrollably as he raised the axe over his head.

The raven haired girl realized what was happening immediately and cried out, "NO!" As the axe began to strike down.

Mikasa's eyes suddenly shot up from her bed and frantically looked to her surroundings, seeing that she was in the Military Police cell. Realizing that it was just a nightmare, the girl began to relax on the bed once more. When Mikasa laid her head on the pillow, she saw Eren asleep close to her; with their faces only inches apart. The brunette boy looked so peaceful as he softly snored and drool came out of his mouth. Mikasa could not help but feel soothed, finding it hard to believe this same boy saved her life the day before. Being this close to him suddenly made the opal eyed girl feel safe and completely forget about her fear. After a couple of minutes of watching him, Mikasa finally saw Eren's emerald eyes begin to open.