Chapter One: Fall Semester

Autumn in Liyue was beautiful and an eye-catcher for newlyweds, freshmen college students, or new families who wanted to start a new life

Autumn in Liyue was beautiful and an eye-catcher for newlyweds, freshmen college students, or new families who wanted to start a new life. The city is a piece of the beauty in Liyue, especially near the harbor and its lovely view of the water along with the boats that floated on the gleaming water with the sky turning orange-purple. That picture of the sunset over the ocean was the same on Liyue University's brochure along with the silly outline of a Dragon on the corner of it. The college had six different buildings, not including the dorms, four different buildings, and not counting any fraternities. The semester usually started with some barbecue and people chatting up one another or heading into the city for a drink or shop or even getting a head start on studying.

The following Monday was hell since the first week of class; some students were late finding their classes, some arguing with others for stupid reasons, and others were breezing by either high out of their minds already or juniors in their year. [M/N] had been packed with slightly nice and comfortable clothes before leaving the dorm. He had shoulder-checked a few people who had gotten in his way and ignored their voices as he entered his two pm class in psychology.

A few minutes in, the teacher came in and began attendance when the door slammed open. Three infected burst in with hungry growls and loud shrieks, One launched at the teacher. People shouted in horror as the large splatter of blood flew across the whiteboard as people bolted out or attempted the low-level windows. [M/N] studies the human-like monster as they chewed onto the lower level he grasped his bag, zipping up his jacket. He felt people trying to scramble around him while yelling as his eyes followed the path he needed. The second the one eating the teacher latched onto another victim, he moved.

[M/N] moved down the stairs and breezed past a girl getting eaten from her stomach with her intestines hanging out the inflicted mouth. He heard his feet land in puddles of blood and the squishing of his heel onto human parts, their insides. He leaves through the door to find other infected were munching or loitering through the hallways.

He heard screams of people in closed doors as the monster pounded and clawed at the door. His eyes locked on the many different types that didn't look human anymore. Many humans were different, some had odd mutations on their bodies or visibly like extra limbs, teeth growing outside the mouth, and their legs looked buffer than the whole body which [M/N] hurried faster towards his dormitory. There were so many abnormalities in the buildings and the outside wasn't any better once he managed to leave the Jade building.

[M/N] headed towards the dorms as there were more horrific screams and more infected crawling over the campus. He saw one with extra legs and moved like some spider creature who leaped onto a couple who cried out for help despite the spider-infected snapping its jaw around the man's neck. He kept moving towards the dorm when loud honking and the hairs at the back of his head began to rise and he turned to see a car swerving around and nearly knocked into him. He moved forward, twisting his body until he was back right up as the car smashed into a group of humans then into a pillar as the infected finally got through the window. Blood splatters and gargles against the interior as [M/N] pulled out his keycard to the dorm main door as he saw many cars drive out of the parking lot.