The Pain Of Regret ≫ Cheater! Ashfur x Pregnant! Reader

Art: morecatswarriorcats

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Angst
• Cheating
• Pregnancy
• Some gore

A/N: So there's this theory I've seen floating around years ago about Ashfur being Dovewing and Ivypool's real father, because the two don't look anything like Birchfall. Now, we all know that the Erins aren't great with cat coat genetics, but I thought it was and interesting theory (one that likely isn't canon) so, I thought it would be fun to explore the concept.

****

You left the medicine den in a hurry, anxiously weaving through the lively ThunderClan camp in search of one specific warrior. His name was Ashfur. He was your mate, and would soon be the father of your kits.

"Hey there, (Y/N)," Squirrelflight meowed as you brushed past her. "In a hurry this evening?"

"Yes!" You beamed, a smile stretched across your muzzle. "I need to find Ashfur. I'm expecting his kits!"

Squirrelflight's eyes lit up, and she rubbed her muzzle against yours with a purr. "That's wonderful!" She exclaimed. "Congratulations, (Y/N)! I know Ashfur will be very happy, as well."

"I hope so," You laughed, turning and looking back over your shoulder as you bounded out of camp. "He's always wanted kits!" You knew the answer, though. Ashfur had talked nonstop about having kits with you since you had become mates several moons ago. He had always discussed it with enthusiasm and a joyous twinkle in his blue eyes, as if he were already imagining the tiny bundles curled up at your belly. You had dreamed of your kits, as well. The night before you found out you were pregnant, you dreamed you were giving birth with Ashfur by your side. It was all either of you had ever wanted, and you knew that your life was now complete.

You came to a stop next to a hazel thicket a few foxlengths from the river, ready to leap out a surprise your mate, but you paused. There was the sound of a she-cat— it was Whitewing, based on her scent— giggling and purring in a specific way.

Whoops. I think I accidentally found Birchfall and Whitewing at a bad time.

Embarrassed to no end, you turned and started heading back into the forest, but you froze in place as another voice drifted across the sound of the flowing water. "Yeah, you like that?"

You knew that voice.

It was Ashfur.

Panic set in and you thrusted your way through the shrubs with your claws unsheathed, ready to rip that mouse-hearted tom's throat out. What you saw was everything you had ever feared all happening at once. Ashfur was on top of Whitewing, murmuring about how much he loved her and how important she was to him. All the words he had said to you. They meant nothing now.

"HOW COULD YOU!?" You screeched, leaping forward and slamming into his shoulder, knocking him off of Whitewing and causing him to hit his head on a rock. He hissed in pain, made sharper by his gritted teeth. His blue eyes flickered open in a pained haze, twisting into horror as he recognized you.

"(Y/N), sweetheart," He stammered, his voice trembling with shame and fear. "I promise Whitewing means nothing to me! She's just—"

You cut him off with a hard slap across the face. Your claws had been unsheathed, causing blood to spray the grass underneath him. "Don't you DARE try yo excuse this!" You snarled, your voice on the verge of an agonized wail. "You have taken my trust and shattered it! Is this what you wanted all along, Ashfur!? OR DID YOU LOVE HER ALL ALONG!?"

Ashfur's eyes were brimming with fury and tears. "I don't love Whitewing, okay!? It was a mouse-brained mistake that was never meant to happen!" His trembling voice dropped to a pained rasp, and tears started to stream down his face. "(Y/N), you gotta believe me!" Whitewing scrambled to her paws and ran like a coward into the forest with tears streaming down her face. You ignored her, glaring harder at Ashfur.

"I never should have believed you from the start," You hissed, thrusting your muzzle into his face, your tears splashing onto his cheeks. "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A LYING FOX-HEART!" Then, you twisted around and pelted into the woods, refusing to look back. Ashfur was out of your life. Gone forever. Your kits would never know their father.

You leaned heavily against a sturdy oak tree, sobs wracking your entire body. This was the worst thing that you could've imagined. You never thought it would happen to you, though.

"I'm so sorry," You whispered to no one, sitting down and curling around your belly protectively. "I'm sorry you have to grow up like this... I promise I'll take care of you..." Then, you drifted off into a misery-filled sleep.

****

This one was a little bit suggestive at parts, so I apologize if that makes you uncomfortable. My writing will never go past this, however. We've reached the maximum NSFW limit ^^"

I can honestly see Ashfur pulling something like this off. He was a total scumbag