Chapter 4: Giving It All Up for You

"I fucked up, didn't I hyung?" Jungkook looks at Jimin in the car. Jimin's eyes are soft and unjudging when he looks back.

"you did, you both did. Tell me ggukie, why did you say all of that, about you not wanting to touch her if you knew it was her? Do you not see y/n that way?" Jimin's voice is soft, comforting even so Jungkook doesn't get defensive.

"She's part of our group, hyung. She's one of my best friends, everyone in the group adores her. I- I don't know." Jungkook's teeth dig into his lip, not wanting to think about this anymore. He feels like he just lost one of his best friends and he supposes in a lot of ways he has.

"fair enough. Can I give you my thoughts on this, Jungkookie?" Jimin places his hands on his shaking knee to steady it so Jungkook nods slowly.

"her tears were very much real, that much was obvious. The hurt in her eyes was so real I felt like I could feel it. I think y/n has had these feelings a lot more than tonight, that or she's the world's best actress."

"Y/n doesn't like me Jimin hyung. That's crazy talk!" Jungkook laughs, thinking this is all just a prank to make him feel better and it starts to work.

"is it? Is it really?" Jimin says before going silent the last of the ride.

--

You wake up the following morning a mess. Still wearing your makeup and the dress from last night, you roll put of bed and grimace at your appearance.

Deciding to push through your heart aching in your chest, you take a shower brush your teeth and even manage to put on clothes semi appropriate before going out to the living room.

Your phone buzzes in your hoodie pocket and when you look, you have 38 unread texts and 14 missed calls, all from your friends. Everyone except Jungkook.

"y/n?" You are startled out of your thoughts by the voice of your manager. When you look up from your phone you see the rest of your members sitting on the various couches.

"is everything okay?" you worry your lip with your teeth while you wait for him to stand and walk over to you. His face gives his answer before he even says it.

"I'm afraid not. You have to come with me, there's an issue we need to discuss with you." You nod slowly and the sinking feeling only gets worse as you slip your shoes on and you are taken to your groups company and immediately taken to the big boss himself. Never a good sign.

"have a seat miss l/n." the company head says and his expression is somehow worse than your managers and you don't even have to see the packet he slides your way to know what this is about. They managed to get photos of you after all at that party.

When you make no movement to look at the stack of photo's, your boss riffles though them and slaps one in front of you. While he's rifling through the photos you get a glimpse of one in particular that makes your blood run cold.

You can't let that picture leave this office. Not ever.

The photo shows your face clearly and you know what moment that was. You had looked up at Jungkook then, startled that he would protect you at risk of being recognized.

"We cannot deny this isn't you, y/n, That much is obvious. What we can do is pin it on the man you are with. Who is he? An idol? Celebrity? Someone we could pin this on to take the heat off of you before we pay off some of these photos."

You know exactly what you are here for. This isn't about protecting your image, nor the groups image. This is about finding out if you were with an idol, a specific idol he could use this to take down. It's no secret a lot of companies want to replicate bts or simply destroy them when they can't succeed.