The Hellfire Club

"Shit!" I yelp as I hit the cement hard, scraping up my palms. "Pfft- That was a total wipeout dude, you okay?" A disembodied voice asks from above me. Who's that? My dad's not home so it's probably some rando.    

I get up to see a familiar face. His crimped hair is done in a rockstar like style, and his outfit feeds even more into that facade. Oh geez I totally forgot I live next door to Eddie (the freak) Munson.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I give a tiny awkward laugh as I go to pick up my skateboard... which is now broken in half.  Eddie's face contorts into some sort of wince like expression when he sees the remains of my poor fallen child. (skateboard.)

I frown, placing back the pieces of the broken board. It seems as if I somehow think its going to fuse back together magically.. I wish it would!

"Here, lemme see it." Eddie comes closer, holding out his hands. I give him the pieces with a sigh and watch him inspect them. "Well, you're in luck Y/n! It's a pretty clean break, I have a buddy who works at a skateboard shop. I could have him take a look at it tomorrow, if you're okay with that." He gestures and gives me back the pieces. My eyes light up as he says that.

"Yeah of course, that'd be great! Uh when should I give it to him?" I ask in high hopes. I've never really talked to Eddie before other than for school projects and occasionally waving to each other outside. He's not totally psycho thankfully! 

"I run a club, as you probably know-" He cuts himself off to point to his shirt, which in all caps says "HELLFIRE CLUB"   

"We have an event tomorrow night in room 34 after school, you could totally stop by then." Eddie crosses his arms with a smile. "Okay, thanks!" I grin as Eddie waves and starts to walk away after saying "See ya then." 

...

THE NEXT DAY

"I'm literally gonna pull an Ozzy and bite that old hag Mrs. O'Donnell's head off if she fails me this year!" I bury my head in my hands, slumping over on the lunch table. "I have no idea what you're talking about but go ahead." My friend Vicky slumps over next to me with a sigh. "Geez youre that much of a ditz that you don't know Ozzy Ozbourne?? I literally talk about Black Sabbath all the time." I roll my eyes, elbowing Vicky (whom pushes me back)

"Oh- Get this. Eddie Munson invited me to "Hellfire" tonight." I sit up and turn to face Vicky. "You're into... that?" She makes a winced expression, pointing at something behind me. I turn around to see Eddie standing up on a table??

He seems to be yelling something but I can't quite make out the words yet. "Or a game where you throw BALLS into LAUNDRY BASKETS!!!" Eddie shouts towards the basketball team's table where Jason (the team captain) stands up. "You want something, freak?!" 

I laugh when Eddie makes a face at him, sticking out his tongue and pointing his fingers up like devil horns. 

I remember thinking he was the coolest in middle school when he played with his band, Corroded Coffin, in the talent show. I still think he is pretty cool, though others don't..

"I never said I was into him, dingus." I roll my eyes and pull out one of the pieces of broken skateboard from my backpack. "My skateboard broke and he has a friend in Hellfire that can fix it. All I'm doing is swinging by to give him this." I scowl, pretending to bonk Vicky on the head with the piece of board. 

"And why would he be so nice about that, hm?" She raises an eyebrow. "Does everyone I talk to have to be an interest?" I shove the skateboard piece back in my backpack and zip it up roughly. "Where are you off to in such a rush?" Vicky asks with a sly grin as I get up from my seat. "The bell's about to ring, dumbass." I smirk back, rushing out of the lunchroom.